Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Petit Family murders. trial coverage, warning! graphic evidence photos.
the defense wisely did not put on much of a a case.just tried to blame the other guy. closings are friday. jury will get it monday.
just when you think it couldn't get more depraved...

(NECN: Brian Burnell, New Haven, Conn.) - The prosecution and the defense have rested in the Cheshire, Connecticut home invasion murder trial of Steven Hayes. The final day of testimony was marked by a stunning claim from Hayes.

It was an outrageous moment in a tragic trial. A moment that made the courtroom hold its collective breath. Dr. William Petit sitting just a few feet away from Steven Hayes as a prison guard testifies he heard Hayes tell another inmate he thought Dr. Petit might have been in on it. In on the terrorizing, rape and murder of his wife and two daughters for insurance money.

Hayes allegedly told the inmate that he tied Dr. Petit, in Hayes' words, "real good" and thought the only way he could have gotten loose is if the other suspect in the case, Joshua Komisarjevsky, loosened the knots.

Dr. William Petit: Jennifer, Hayley and Michaela were the most important people in my life and I really can't dignify that insinuation with a response and I think the evidence put on by the prosecution speaks for itself.

Rev. Richard Hawke: The words that were said today were insensitive, they were cruel and out of place.

The guard also testified that Hayes said Komisarjevsky told him he would have to kill Jennifer Hawke-Petit after the men saw a police cruiser pull up outside the house. According to testimony Hayes first said he didn't know if he could do it but a few minutes later he did kill her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petit Family murders. trial coverage, graphic evidence photos. - by Lady Cop - 09-29-2010, 09:04 AM