Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Petit Family murders. trial coverage, warning! graphic evidence photos.
oh God. there simply are no words for his depravity.

NEW HAVEN

A judge's decision to abruptly end Wednesday's proceedings in the trial of Joshua Komisarjevsky was a signal of just how rough the evidence and testimony in the deadly Cheshire home invasion case had been.

Jurors viewed horrific crime scene photos showing the bodies of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her daughters, Hayley and Michaela, and listened to much of Komisarjevsky's chilling audiotaped statement about the events of July 23, 2007.

In a deep and steady voice that rarely wavered, Komisarjevsky told police that during the home invasion, he talked with 11-year-old Michaela Petit in her bedroom about music, "school and summer plans."

Then, with Michaela tied to her bed, "one thing led to another and I ended up having or performing oral sex on her — on KK," Komisarjevsky said. Komisarjevsky said he had heard her mother and sister call Michaela "KK," her family nickname.

Michaela later died in the burning house, along with her sister and mother in one of the most horrific crimes in recent state history.

"Was it against her will?" Det. Joseph Vitello asked Komisarjevsky on the audiotape.

"Um, it started off as against her will and then like, she wasn't like resisting or anything, so I just kept doing it you know," Komisarjevsky replied.

With one female juror in tears and others visibly shaken, Superior Court Judge Jon C. Blue cut short the recording and recessed for the day.

"I understand one of the jurors is having a tough time," Blue said. "This would be a good time to stop."

Michaela's father, Dr. William A. Petit Jr., and other members of his family appeared stunned and grief-stricken as they listened to the recording. After Blue recessed court for the day, family members gathered around Petit, crying and hugging.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petit Family murders. trial coverage, warning! graphic evidence photos. - by Lady Cop - 09-21-2011, 09:34 PM