Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Petit Family murders. trial coverage, warning! graphic evidence photos.
I heard that the defense, in closing arguments, basically said the doctor fleeing the house "precipitated" the rest of the events. There was also some talk about what the girls (I think) could have done differently (going out a window) to prevent their deaths. Jesus. 78

Here:

New Haven, Conn. (WTNH) - After trial let out today, Dr. William Petit and his sister Johanna Chapman gave their reactions to some of what the defense said in closing arguments.

"I'm perturbed with their closing of their defenses use that Dr. Petit getting out of the basement precipitated things," said Dr. Petit. "As if there had been no plan for this for two or three hours or longer prior to that."

Defense attorney Jeremiah Donovan also brought up how things would be different if police responded more quickly - or if 17 year old Hayley had made a different decision in her escape plan.

"The what if scenarios were a little nauseating to listen to," Petit said.

"And then he went on to say that Hayley, had she gotten out of her room and climbed out of her window, the events wouldn't have taken place," said Chapman. "If she had gotten out of her room and Michaela's room, and gotten out that window, the events wouldn't have taken place. That's really stretching, really grasping, delusional actually."
Commando Cunt Queen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petit Family murders. trial coverage, warning! graphic evidence photos. - by username - 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM