Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Duchess Away
Administrator

RE: LC's famous ginger cookies~and more soupy-chicken recipes~

It does look good, LC. Do you feed your son like that everyday? :O

If I leave now I can be there for sandwiches around midnight. Awink

[Image: DuchessofMock_zpsiwcdtrji.png]
10-07-2010 04:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

i don't cook like that every day. just when i'm in the mood.

sorry Duchess, there's nothing left but a few bones! 2 huge great-white-shark-like sons had dinner! Smiley_emoticons_shocked

oh, that's not burns, it's herbs on the skin.

10-07-2010 04:43 PM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Someone dropped off a bushel of apples up at the barn. What the hell am I going to do with that many apples? I suppose if I liked to cook I would look at them & think of all the wonderful things that could be made but, the reality is, I look at them & think," Jesus, that's a lot of peeling".

10-08-2010 05:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply Reply

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

i know, i need a house servant to do all that peeling!
the horses and deer will like the apples. Smiley_emoticons_wink
one of my trees is loaded with them, and hundreds on the ground. i couldn't possibly use them all.

here's a gadget you will just love Duchess! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

10-08-2010 06:55 AM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

the mornings are cold now...perfect for some hot oatmeal (not instant crap) cooked with slices of just-picked apples and a bit of cinnamon! simple yummy fare and good for you! a touch of maple syrup too if you like. 70
eat up your oatmeal kids! hah
throw away those donuts! unless they are cider donuts that you made. Smiley_emoticons_wink

10-12-2010 07:41 AM

Maggot Offline
Supermod

That would go great with Lobster! 2.99 a lb around here lately for chix.

10-12-2010 04:36 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

(10-12-2010 04:36 PM)Maggot Wrote:  That would go great with Lobster! 2.99 a lb around here lately for chix.

oatmeal with lobsters? oh well, lobsters go with everything! Smiley_emoticons_razz

so Maggy, my birthday is coming and a truckload of lobsters would not be amiss. Smiley_emoticons_bussi 27 70 99

$2.99 lb. is insane! i feel badly for the lobster trappers! they can't be making a profit. they've been about $5.99+ here depending on size.

Attached File(s)
.gif  lobster2.gif (Size: 21.03 KB / Downloads: 62)
.gif  lobster.gif (Size: 27.38 KB / Downloads: 61)

10-13-2010 02:04 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

Martha's Thanksgiving issue mag is in stores now. get it!

so...Brie. buy a wheel of Brie. it is great for entertaining, and lends itself nicely to sweet fruit..cranberries, cherries.
and get a loaf of good crusty fresh bread. scoop out the center, put in Brie and pop in oven. when it melts it is fabulous!
the rind is fine to eat.

10-17-2010 01:00 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

ok it's early i know, but i was thinking about this today. a little tip for anyone who will cook a big turkey.
get a couple clean new large doggie choke chains and use them to make a sling under the bird as it cooks. when it's done, use the chains to easily lift the bird out of pan and put on your platter. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
those stupid fork-like things they sell are not strong enough for a really big bird, and tear up your presentation. the chains lift it nicely intact.

10-21-2010 01:50 PM

Lady Cop Away
SUPERMOD

some smartass made a remark about Italians grating cheese. so i have to say that i am a proud Italian who has always grated my own cheese! and only the GOOD stuff, not that kraft crap in the supermarket. the BEST real grating cheeses are as follows~~
if anyone had any damn taste, they would know it is a gourmet selection. my Dad grated cheese every evening as we prepared for dinner, it's a fond memory.

THE ABSOLUTE BEST FOR YOU POP-TART, WONDERBREAD, MACDONALD'S-EATING HEATHENS WHO BUY SUPERMARKET SWILL:

Dating back to ancient Roman times, Pecorino Romano is one of the world's oldest recorded cheeses. Pecorino is an Italian word meaning from sheep's milk, and Romano indicates that this cheese is of Roman descent. All Pecorino Romano is made in either Lazio, Tuscany, or Sardinia during the months between November and June. These three regions have very similar pastures and breeds of sheep, ensuring consistent flavor and quality. Pecorino Romano is a name protected (DOC) cheese whose production is overseen by the Consorzio per la Tulela del Formaggio Pecorino Romano. There are numerous Pecorinos made throughout Italy, but only one Pecorino Romano. Perhaps the most famous brand for Pecorino Romano in the US is Locatelli. Aged for a minimum of 9 months, this cheese is hard and dense; strong and sharp in flavor. It is pale yellow in color with a black paper rind bearing the name Locatelli. Grate this cheese then serve it over pasta, salads, Garlic Bread and soups.
The whole production should come from a restricted area - according to the law that on 1955 defined the standard of this cheese: the provinces of Modena, Parma and Reggio Emilia and partially Bologna and Mantova.
It is in fact due also to the geographical position of the production zone that the Parmigiano Reggiano is a cheese absolutely unique and impossible to imitate.
Even the name itself shows the close link with the surrounding areas: the towns of Parma and Reggio Emilia.
The Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, was founded back in 1934, it incorporates the dairies producing the homonymous cheese. Its offices are in Reggio Emilia and there are Provincial Divisions in Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Mantova and Bologna.

.jpg  Parmesan.jpg (Size: 30.61 KB / Downloads: 179)

10-26-2010 08:23 AM

Duchess Away
Administrator

Cowboy gets some kind of cheese that I insist he keep in the fridge in the basement. It's disgusting! He has it wrapped very well but, it still fucking reeks. It's putrid and I don't even want to see him eat it. Ugh. Smiley_emoticons_kotz

10-26-2010 08:35 AM

Middle Finger Offline
Punk-Fixing Bitch
Mock VIP

That's a great cheese post, LC. Actually made me crave some of the real good stuff. Grated on fresh pasta is an awesome thing.

86 112
10-26-2010 09:20 AM