Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zahra Baker, a murdered child
Oi Cupcake.....if You don't think Zahra is Serious to Me.... then Mate You are Sadly mistaken.....that child was an Australian....and that fuckwit of a father of her's married a slag....and now just over 18 months later....the fuckwit and the slag have thrown a Beautiful little Australian who spent 3/4's of her Life in My Country.....all over the joint like yesterdays rubbish....so if You are not feeling My Seriousness.....or My Fury and Wrath...then get Your Blinkers off Mate and Never Imply Me of not taking Zahra Death Seriously again....Twat

Winds of Tara
if anyone is interested, there is a new facebook page "The Zahra Project". i don't do facebook, but here is link for anyone who wishes to participate or read:

http://www.facebook.com/thezahraproject

note: i really would be appreciative if this thread did not devolve into unrelated stuff again. the missing/murdered children threads are the one serious thing here in Mock. thanks for understanding. and no more discussion about it either please.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

from the Charlotte Observer. a journal that she was paid to do by the news people who brought her over. it should satisfy all the soap-opera fans. 34
drama, pathos, blah blah blah.

photo below at the house where Zahra lived. had to get that mic on to spontaneously *sob* properly for the press. 21 sound check sound check

Monday, Dec. 06, 2010
Emily Dietrich

Emily Dietrich wrote of her final visit to Zahra's memorial: “It was so extremely hard to leave the tree. It was the only connection I had to Zahra and I didn't want to lose her again.
More than three weeks after she visited Hickory to meet police investigating her daughter’s death, Zahra Baker’s biological mother has shared her personal account of the trip.

Emily Dietrich gave $$$$$ the four-day journal entry to News 7 Australia, the TV network that accompanied her to the U.S., and stayed by her side during her most emotional moments.

Dietrich has said she gave up Zahra while suffering from postpartum depression, then spent many of the following years trying to reunite with her daughter.
She had only discovered Zahra’s whereabouts in Hickory three days before she was reported missing.
VERY STRANGE CONSIDERING ZAHRA WAS IN NEWSPAPER ARTICLES AND ON TV AND THE FATHER AND STEPMOTHER WERE ON THE INTERNET ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE.

Dietrich starts by writing about how nervous she is about the trip that will bring her closer to her daughter, whom she hadn’t seen since the little girl was a toddler.

“I was finally going to be the closest I have been to Zahra since she was just under 2 years old and I took her to the gardens for the day,” she writes. “But I wasn't really going to be any closer to her at all. I wasn't going to be able to hold her again, or tell I love her and I'm proud of the courageous and beautiful young girl she had become.”

The day after arriving in Hickory, Dietrich describes getting up before dawn to visit the memorial at the tree outside Zahra’s home on 21st Avenue NW. She is overcome by emotion at the sight of all of its notes, balloons, and stuffed animals.

"I tried to get out of the car, but my entire body was shaking so much I was having trouble standing," she writes. She is comforted by the notes and expressions of support from so many people, but sickened by the sight of the house where Zahra may have spent her final days.

“She had laughed and cried and grown in this house. She had also been mistreated and abused in this house. She had, by all accounts, been kept like a prisoner in this house,” she recalls. “This house made me so insanely angry, and sick, and lost.”

She is further shaken by her meeting with police later that day. Most of it goes smoothly, but then the investigators’ expressions grew more solemn as they passed a press release to her, detailing what they will tell the media at a press conference. It explains that evidence has been found that could prove Zahra is dead.

"I wanted to scream and cry," she says. "My small piece of hope faded."

Although DNA tests were pending at this point, police were confident that remains of a child found near a creek in Caldwell County belong to Dietrich’s daughter.

Dietrich writes, "I was shaking from head to toe, I wanted to cry so much but, at that point, barely shed a tear.” She goes on, expressing the same anger as many people who have followed the case. “My baby girl was dead, and they had just put her in a hole like a family pet. Who could do such a beastly thing?"

But Dietrich also finds reasons to smile during the trip – a meal at Bojangle’s, getting a woven bracelet like those investigators on Zahra’s case are wearing, spending an evening with a couple who invited her to retreat at their home during her emotionally-draining journey. She is overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support shown to her and for her daughter.

She makes another visit to the memorial tree, with mixed emotions.

“It was so extremely hard to leave the tree,” she writes. “It was the only connection I had to Zahra and I didn't want to lose her again.”

She goes on. “I just had to take a few deep breaths and remind myself that she wasn't at that tree, it was a place where people could show their love and support.”

Dietrich finally sums up her trip as a soothing one -- one that helps her realize her daughter is finally at peace.

“My search for Zahra was finally over,” she writes. “I may not be able to ever hug her, or give her a kiss, but I can always tell her I love her and that I am proud of her.”

her full blog is here:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/opinion/post/-/...comment/1/

(12-06-2010, 05:36 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: from the Charlotte Observer. a journal that she was paid to do by the news people who brought her over. it should satisfy all the soap-opera fans. 34
drama, pathos, blah blah blah.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/opinion/post/-/...comment/1/

I'm glad the folks in Hickory were warm and comforting to a stranger. This speaks well of the locals.

I'm with you, LC.

Coffee and food, coffee and food, coffee and food.

Anyone else lining up to make money off this dear child's death?

I hope our Australian friends will not challenge the death penalty if it becomes an option for those responsible for Zahra's death.

This tank feels a proper Bondi with a Nulla-Nulla for these wankers 'til they see their last gumtree, is just.
l hate to be the one to bring You bad news....but if Baker is given the Death Sentence....The Australian Goverment Will be Obliged to step in.....and fight for that Death Sentence to be commuted to Life imprisonment without parole..Never to be Released.....it is the Law of Australia......We do not have Capital Punishment here and haven't since 1967......l am not speaking of the Australian people...l am speaking of The Australian Goverment......l do not normally believe in Capital Punishment......but this is a Special Case......and there are many Australians who have the same mind set........

As far as Emily goes..if You will allow me to explain how the system works in Australia....it is very very different to America....as You have probably seen scumbags mother doesn't look like the sort of woman that is going to tell Emily where Zahra was....Emily would have had to apply to the Family Law Courts each time she tried to find Zahra...to do this she would have needed a Lawyer.that costs money...and scumbag would have known this....and since he moved a lot.Emily would have to re-apply each time....so money would have run out very quickly.....so l am sure You are thinking why not look up the Voting Electoral Roles...wellscum bag wouldn't have a civic bone in his body..so l highly doubt he would have gone to the Electoral Commission and applied that he had a new address......so no hope there for Emily.....so it's not all how it looks......it's a matter of how a system works in another Country......what did You want her to do?..throw herself on the ground and pull her hair out and scream and roll around like some lunatic?......many Australians have praised Channel 7 for their compassion for what they did for Emily....ok they wanted a story...we all know that....however they didn't have to bring her here....and what Mr. and Mrs. Ridgeway have done is absolutely gorgeous....sending Emily the letters and the little dolls she has picked out....and the rest Emily asked them to give to the Children of America....Emily did the right thing by Zahra...she paid child support to that fuckwit......Zahra's entire life.....and that whole family stopped her from seeing her daughter.....it takes money to find a child in Australia.....and obviously the money just ran out.....Emily obviously also keep saving and spending to keep finding Zahra....it must have been very hard for her.l feel very sorry for her....a question that has always made me wonder and l think the Australian Goverment will be wanting to ask scumbag too..how did he get Zahra out of Australia without Emily signature?
Regardless of whether Zahra lived with him or not..by Australian Law he still Must have the other biological parents permission...did that thing that committed bigamy sign instead?...if so there is going to be all sorts of drama from the Australian Goverment over that one......

BlueTiki : l understand it is fun to write Australian slang....
This yank feels a proper Bond with a Aboriginal War Weapon for these Idiots until they see their last moments is just
but umm Tiki You have written something that is a very Huge insult to Australians and the Aboriginal Community and that is Nulla Nulla not even l should be writing it..but l am trying to explain the mistake..only Aboriginal Men can write that word...the same as only Aboriginal Men or White Men can play the Didgeridoos....No woman can White or Aboringinal....No woman can participate in a Corroboree....if an Elder Aboriginal saw what We had both written..he would point the Bone at us Both....and l do not wish to have the Bone pointed at me .....so perhaps next time just make sure the slang word is not an Aboriginal Word.....l nearly dropped my coffee when l saw it....but you did really well with the other slang....good on ya Mate.....
Peace and Blessings
Winds of Tara
stone the crows! hah

my point was that emily said she had no clue where Zahra was. if she had access to a computer, Zahra was not hard to locate.
and i am sorry, i am dismissive of people who mic up and cry on cue.
i am sure she is genuinely sad.
i also believe she got her 15 minutes of fame and sympathy and a trip to the US.
she has other kids, i wonder if she had post-partum depression and gave them up. uh, no she didn't.
OK, so i'm a cynical bitch.

nulla-nulla---->

(12-07-2010, 01:02 PM)TheWindsofTara Wrote: l do not normally believe in Capital Punishment......but this is a Special Case......and there are many Australians who have the same mind set........

Emily did the right thing by Zahra...she paid child support to that fuckwit......Zahra's entire life.....and that whole family stopped her from seeing her daughter

You have written something that is a very Huge insult to Australians and the Aboriginal Community and that is Nulla Nulla

Emily paying child support to Adam Baker IS a story. At least here in the US.

Too bad we didn’t read about the trials and tribulations of a mother searching for her daughter.

Child support paid and the bio mom denied the right to see her child, in Australia? What a wonderfully progressive system! You must be very proud.

I was referring to the Australian people taking a stand on the death penalty - not the government. I hope all of you are outraged and will honor our judicial punishments.

As to insulting Aussies and Abbos – I’d be happy to address your PC issue in the “Some Honest Therapy” forum.

This thread is for Zahra.
She was able to find them on Facebook supposedly several days before Zahra was reported missing but couldn't find their (Adams and Karen's ) open facebook and MySpace pages before then?

She says she regularly googled Zahra's name yet when Zahra was in the paper for her time at camp (cached on Google in 2008 http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/art...photo.html).

She lost her child I'm sure she is heartbroken but I find it hard to believe she couldn't find her - it seems alot more likely she was wrapped up in her own issues and didn't try. I've heard other reports that she knew Zahra was in Giru and had seen the article above. If that's the case then yes I would expect her to turn over the world looking for her little girl, I have 3 kids and I guarantee you if I were seperated from them and found out my little girl lost her leg to cancer and was fighting that fight my ass would find a way to Giru and beat down every door until I found her.
Deal or No Deal?
From the HDR

Gaither: Death penalty still option

If “Elisa Baker was involved in the death of Zahra Baker, the State is under no obligation to limit charges.”

Published: December 07, 2010

District Attorney Jay Gaither’s office Tuesday released a response to the reported agreement that limits the prosecution to charging second-degree murder against Elisa Baker.

According to a news story by WSOC-TV that was reported in Saturday’s Record, a written agreement stipulates that Elisa Baker will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she continues to cooperate with investigators as they seek answers in the death and dismemberment of Baker’s 10-year-old stepdaughter Zahra Baker.

Gaither’s statement says the news reports were wrong and his office is still able to charge Baker with first-degree murder if that charge is legally valid.

“Elisa Baker maintains her innocence in connection with the death of Zahra Baker, and she has cooperated with law enforcement. If the investigation determines that Elisa Baker is not involved in the death of Zahra Baker, she will not be charged,” reads the statement. “If, on the other hand, there is sufficient and credible evidence to prove that Elisa Baker was involved in the death of Zahra Baker, the State is under no obligation to limit charges.”

The statement also explains why Gaither was reluctant to talk to the media about the reported agreement earlier.

“Under Rule 3.6 of the N.C. Bar, a prosecutor must refrain from making pretrial statements that have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding,” reads the statement. “However, when false or misleading statements are made that publicly cause prejudice to the process, the prosecutor has the responsibility of responding publicly to minimize the adverse impact.”

That statement was followed by another from Gaither’s office: “There will be no further comment from the District Attorney’s office on the Baker case.”

When contacted for a statement, Elisa Baker’s attorney, Lisa Dubs, said, “Mr. Gaither is responding to an issue he has with previous media reports. These are not our issues, and we choose not to comment.”
i said/posted that on Dec. 4. (post #448) the HDR is as usual right on top of shit.

Jay.....the king of talking out of both sides of his mouth.
I just read the 'blog' for Emily D. I'm sure if I had a child missing I would be talking about coffee. I thought (from the beginning) it was very convenient that she 'found' Zahra just as this happened.

A mother has to do more than cry beside a tree to convince me she cared about her kid. And paying child support doesn't convince me of anything, except she was afraid she would be locked up. Ditto with not having the means to find Zahra.

All she did in that blog was confirm my belief that everyone in that child's life failed her.
You are writing a lot of things that are not factual.....firstly you do not get locked up for not paying child support....your wages are garnished by the taxation department.....l think you just have it in for Zahra's mum without knowing any of the facts......l noticed you did not place Emily's Blog so others could read it and make up their own minds....you are trying to do it for us instead...

Winds of Tara
i posted a link to her blog in post #463. plus excerpts.

as for child support, i don't know if it was government-ordered and she had no choice, it was simply taken and paid out. if she were paying it directly (voluntarily) she would have always had Zahra's address.

The Childs support Agency handles all of that....which is all linked to the Tax Dept..its linked to everything...you can't pay just between yourselves here..it all has to go through the child support agency due to increases in salaries and so forth.....like if someone is a dead beat mum/dad..like they would tell the other?....thats why it is Law the child support Agency becomes involved.....and l am sure you have seen fuckwits mother....does she look like the type that would tell Emily where Zahra was?....not on your nelly would she....she looks a right bitch to me...l am not sticking up for Emily...but Emily did try....it was a matter of money....thats the thing about Australia....Lawyers cost money and for people who don't have it...you just haven't got a chance...especially when the other side of the family are not going to say shit to you....in a way Emily would be suffering the most.....partly her fault..partly the Australian Law's fault....and mostly because of fuckwit and his families fault.....he looks the type of prick that wouldn't let her see her daughter too....its just really sad all round...and poor Zahra was the one that died at the hands of that slut....and that prick of a father of hers just stood by and didn't stop that slut from beating Zahra....you know so many Australian Men want to get their hands on that bastard....and so many Australian women want to get their hands on that slut.....fairdinkum....give her to me and a telephone book and a room......no marks....telephone books good way to beat a person without leaving a single mark....an Australian coppers old trick....my Father was a Detective in the Military Police....amazing the tricks they used.....l hate them Lady Cop....and l find it odd....l am not a hateful woman...but l hate them with everything l am and l have no emotion about it either....

Peace and Blessings
Winds Of Tara
The link to Emily's blog' is here on the PREVIOUS page. That's where I got it.

Also..stepscum wasn't in Zahra's life all that long.

As for the lack of money and the rest of it. It could be true. That could be the reason she couldn't find her. But the mere fact she happened upon her when it hit the net is suspicious to me. I would have to see proof that she had tried for years to find Zahra.

Adam and his hag of a mother don't have 2 brain cells between them. And it's obvious they are living hand to mouth. So it would have been difficult, if not impossible for them to hide for all those many years.

There are many ways to neglect a child. And Zahra's spirit at the very least DESERVES that people get the cold, hard FACTS concerning every aspect of the makeup of her miserable excuse for a life. THIS is about ZAHRA, after all. Or is it?

There was another case..a beautiful little girl named Caylee was murdered and her grandparents were devastated. Everyone sympathised with them until they discovered they basically provided a platform for their daughter to murder the child, and continue to dishonor their granddaughter by defending her.

Things are not always as they seem. Especially where a murdered child is concerned. Often times, we find out there were many scenarios at play in the child's life that led to their death. And I believe everyone involved should be punished. But sadly, that's not what happens. Most times, the child is lucky to get any justice at all.

And when the chips are down and all is said and done. THAT'S what it should be about. Screw the rest of the people involved. If you were wrong, apologize. And there is NO decent parent out there that would mind being put through the ringer if it meant justice for their child. And if they do mind..well, that was part of the problem from the beginning.

Well all l can say is you know best....l live here..l know the system....l know how easy it is to hide a child...living from hand to mouth those two scumbags would have got every Goverment Benefit available to them....also the Goverment Benefits for Darling Zahra....the privacy Laws here are very very strict....so Emily would have got no where with them on her own without a Lawyer.....since you seem to know how Australia works,.would you mind answering a question that All Ausralians and the Australian Goverment would like answered...We of course know the answer...but since you seem to know how it all goes....how did scumbag get Zahra out of the Country without Emily's signature?.....that is required by Law....and lets say he asked her...which he didn't... but lets Hypothesis for a moment....scumbag would have had to go to court and ask a Judge...... and still there would have been no Guarantee it would have been a yes...... and Emily would have been suspendered to appear and since this never happened.....how did Zahra get out of Australia?

Winds of Tara
It's obvious I know nothing about the law of the land in Australia. But I do know about common decency, even on a global scale. Zahra lived there for years before Adam met Elisa. How many other times was she subjected to abuse and neglect at the hands of complete strangers he met? I refuse to believe Elisa was the first, although I am positive she was the worst.

I also know quite a bit about mothers in general. And what they will go through to find (or even just protect their children). And not just American mothers.

And the last time I checked, my word was not law. I only said that (I think) Zahra deserves, or any child deserves to have justice. Full justice. No matter who it hurts. I can't begin to imagine what sort of person would defend anyone else involved in this case. Except Zahra. At the very least not until all the evidence and cold, hard facts are in.
Maybe Australia doesn't have google?
The Winds of Tara is right, it is different here and it is different and easier to hide a child if the parent that has full residency (custody) chooses.

I really dont think we should rush to judgement of the biological mother at all. There are mental health issues involved and we don't know what else. There could be other medical factors. There may not. But we dont have all the information on that situation to make an informed decision. Maybe the only way she could afford to go to USA was with the channel 7 news crew. Those people are very exploitative, and she dosent seem to have a high IQ, like she is not educated. I am not looking down on her for that. Elisa on the other hand, we have an insight into where she is at.