Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
there's been no local talk updates that I've heard.

I saw the billboards all over town today. and one of my girlfriends that was riding with me said
"I wonder why this case has billboards up and none of the other murder cases do"

that of course got us thinking. I do wonder why?

There were 26 homicides this year in Toledo, which is down 7 from last year. But fewer cases does not mean more cases closed.

For the families and friends still searching for answers, waiting for investigators to say they've made an arrest in a loved one's murder this new year will not be a new beginning.

According to Toledo police detectives, 11 of the 26 homicides remain unsolved, including the first murder of the year.

Eric Baldwin was murdered New Year's Day. Firefighters found the 51-year-old's body in the front seat of a burning SUV in the 1100 block of Pelee. Later that month, frustrated without any answers, Baldwin's family told 13abc someone went to Baldwin's house asking for a jump for a car. They say he went out to help and never returned home.

Rodney Baldwin, the victim's brother, said, "Eric didn't deserve this. It's hard for us to live and go on with our life with the murderer being still on the run." That was one year ago. Today, there still aren't any leads.

Racole Hill, who went by the name Cocoa, was a well-known barber at the Kings and Queens barbershop on Dorr and Hawley. She cut David Cox's hair for 15 years. Cox says, "There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her."

Hill was shot and killed September 7 in the 1100 block of Fernwood. Police say she was an innocent victim in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hill was standing outside of her car talking to a friend after attending a birthday party when someone started firing from between two homes. Cox says she was a mother and grandmother, loved by many community members.

He says, "If someone would just come forward. It's been since September 7 and nothing has been said or done. I know someone knows something out there. So I'm just wishing that someone steps forward and gives the family closure. I don't understand how they can live with themselves. They took a very important person away."

Anyone with information about any of the eleven unsolved homicides this year is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 419-255-1111.

Whats with all the 1100 blocks. Wasnt Lisas house on the 1100 block as well? HUMMM
i was mistaken hers was on the 2100 block (2161 Longacre Lane)
Food for thought... if you have time or obsessed with the case as much as I am, take a minute and read the below link on "Statement Analysis" with regards to the Darlie Routier case and then about an hour or so and carefully review the transcripts of the 911 calls and JVM interview. I'm curious to know if anyone else feels that there's much more than just an over-evaluation of semantics as I originally thought. IMO there's a strong possibility the prosecution will have them submitted into evidence once this goes to trial...much like we're seeing in the Casey Anthony case now...

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/06...lysis.html

hello....ello....ello....lo....o
That was very interesting curious thank you. I have to go and get some sleep and hope that something new comes about tomarow. Gnite fellow Mockers.
yes, i think seamus over-analyzes everything to death. i will on occasion read his blog because it will contain transcripts i want. i don't know what his credentials are.

and off-topic, i have been waiting for years for darlie routier's death warrant to be signed. that's going to be an interesting thread!

(03-12-2011, 11:33 PM)eye.of.my Wrote: That was very interesting curious thank you. I have to go and get some sleep and hope that something new comes about tomarow. Gnite fellow Mockers.

Good Night! I hope you sleep much better, stop worrying.

(03-12-2011, 10:31 PM)curious Wrote: Food for thought... if you have time or obsessed with the case as much as I am, take a minute and read the below link on "Statement Analysis" with regards to the Darlie Routier case and then about an hour or so and carefully review the transcripts of the 911 calls and JVM interview. I'm curious to know if anyone else feels that there's much more than just an over-evaluation of semantics as I originally thought. IMO there's a strong possibility the prosecution will have them submitted into evidence once this goes to trial...much like we're seeing in the Casey Anthony case now...

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/06...lysis.html

Very, very interesting reading Curious. Thank you!!
turn the page Damn it!
Turn it already!!
(03-12-2011, 10:00 PM)pspence Wrote: any local talk?

Ive stopped listening to the locals they seem to know no more than the rest of us. I have heard alot of people say she had DNA under her finger nails, the spitting went from her to him, its just one big mess that only LE, at least I hope, knows about truthfully. Its just crazy.
(03-12-2011, 11:47 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-12-2011, 11:33 PM)eye.of.my Wrote: That was very interesting curious thank you. I have to go and get some sleep and hope that something new comes about tomarow. Gnite fellow Mockers.

Good Night! I hope you sleep much better, stop worrying.

Thank you NightOwl, I will try but this really has my mind boggled.
ARG.
Former Ohio gov's brother pushes death penalty ban
http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=14238991
(03-13-2011, 12:10 AM)WolfHouse Wrote: ARG.

That is the stupidest shit I have heard all day. Bad enough it takes them years to be exucted anyway, did thier victim/s get to wait for thier demise? Fuck no kill the bastards and get it over with allready.
Really going to bed this time I promise lol. You Mockers are addicting.

As a liberal on most subjects, I draw the line on the death penalty. I am strongly in favor of retaining and enforcing the death penalty. I think the existence of DNA science strengthens the argument in favor of the death penalty, not the other way around, because DNA evidence reduces the chance that a jury might make a mistake.

And when there is no DNA evidence to support the Prosecution's case, a defendant is free to point that out to the jury.

(03-13-2011, 12:19 AM)eye.of.my Wrote:

That is the stupidest shit I have heard all day. Bad enough it takes them years to be exucted anyway, did thier victim/s get to wait for thier demise? Fuck no kill the bastards and get it over with allready.

Another Democrat trying to do good things for Ohio - Toledo has suffered badly. Nice find WolfHouse - did you spot also on the same page that Ohio has a prescription drug abuse epidemic - the Police have their hands full - very scarey! Thank-you WolfHouse.
i agree
Hibye
(03-13-2011, 12:19 AM)eye.of.my Wrote:

I agree.
Hibye