Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-05-2011, 04:34 PM)RJs-Ex Wrote: Did Lisa's parents know about Johnny's criminal past? I know if I had a 20 year old daughter, no "boyfriend" would be living in my home, especially if he'd done time in prison.

And why was Johnny living there anyway? Why not with his own parents? It doesn't sound like there were problems between him and his parents, considering their (extremely high) level of concern regarding his welfare. Curious.

I was thinking about that. Very nice, upscale home, beautiful daughter who people at work liked, ex con boyfriend living under their roof. I'm not so sure. In one of the 911 tapes, Johnny's mother alternately said he lived there and then she said he was house sitting. Which is it? The mother is a strange one because she says conflicting things (like she saw him in the basement and then her cousin saw him through the blinds). Who gets information like that wrong?!

Some random thoughts ....

Garden variety dirtbag thugs usually kill with guns. If they come to a house where they know people will be, with the intent to rob, shooting the occupants would seem like the usual m.o. for criminals like that.

Johhny did time for armed robbery. Seems his circle of friends aren't gun shy.

Johnny's mother accused Tiffany of setting Johnny up. She may be right. Could Tiffany and Mr Z have tipped off some of their sleazy friends about an easy target they thought might have drugs and money in the (upscale) house? If so, maybe Tiffany came sniffing around, later, to see what came down, not expecting murder. Wild speculation, here.

The hands on duct taping and bagging people's heads requires a lot of effort and "feels" more malevolent than shooting someone in a robbery. I lean toward Pink's thoughts about older perps. I also get LC saying it feels personal. LC's and Pink's theories are not mutually exclusive. "Professional hit" sounds too impersonal (and not likely with this manner of killing) but these perps have probably killed before. Could they have been other ex cons, from Johhny's social circle, who had a vendetta?

Was there any talk of Lisa being sexually assaulted? If not, it would seem that her killing was incidental to Johnny's - UNLESS when the cops came calling things were interupted. Maybe that's why her top was off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by shitstorm - 02-05-2011, 05:25 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM