Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-06-2011, 01:24 PM)Winter Wrote:
(02-06-2011, 01:15 PM)pinkyfloyd Wrote: interestingly enough, no statements from either johnny's father or lisa's parents.

as terrible as it is to say, they might be actually sharing in tiny little bit of the relief i described above.

even though they were their children, a teeny tiny sense of relief in the fact that the tumultuous book has finally been closed.

-pink

Johnny's father has made a pubic statement. He stated " I hope the police finds them before I do" , referring to the perpetrators. Johnny's father was very upset and crying. According to a broadcast I saw, the neighbors are also scared and concerned. One neighbor said that people are now locking their doors, and looking out for one another. I hardly feel the Mother feels a sense of relief, this kid was only 21, he still had time to be molded into a productive citizen. It's true, however; that I've not heard any public statements by Lisa's parents. Lisa's parents still may have made one, that I haven't heard.

Some people inhabit realities where losing a child to violence is not terribly unusual (if still traumatic). I lived in L.A. and I know that to be true. By the looks of things, Johnny's family may be accustomed to things that would curl the hair of most people. From the scant information on Lisa, there doesn't seem to be any indicator that she came from that kind of world. I agree with you that this idea of a sense of relief is not right. Even the parents of gang bangers grieve (unless they're sociopaths). Though we'll never know, it doesn't look like Johnny was on any kind of path to what I would consider normal. Lisa, OTOH, looked like she fell for the wrong guy. I'm gonna bet that murdered kids are NOT common in her family's universe. I don't know how in the hell those poor people can even be in that house. Perhaps they're not. I'd have to sell it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by shitstorm - 02-06-2011, 03:28 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM