Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Incredibly interesting discussion. Especially the posts by "unknown" and family friends of Lisa Straub.

I don't think that Johnny's family is involved. I think the Mom made a comment about robbery etc. based upon the information she got from Tiffany about the house being ransacked and Johnny not knowing someone who supposedly entered the house. I also think that Johnny developed his criminal comfort level because he was raised around a certain element. I'm not slamming his family, but there are all kinds of people in the world, as we know.

My gut tells me that Ms. T knows something? The Mom pointed out how unusual it was to wait two hours to report such an unusual, obviously dangerous situation. I agree. I can't get over not calling police, and then going alone to check out a potential robbery. What did she think she could do, lurking around the house by herself? Her story doesn't sit right.

On the matter of plastic bags. I think they were brought to the house. I think a crime was planned by the amateur, gang wanna be types that Johnny may have associated with. I did a bit of research on the plastic bag weaponry used in this crime. Unfortunately, there is a video game that glorifies murder with the use of non-gun related tools, including plastic bags. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_%28video_game%29

There have also been like murders, using the same, seemingly odd murder weapon. http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/gang-mem...18607.html

"...Barry, a business associate of Stevens’ father, interrupted Stevens and a partner while they were burglarizing his house. Barry was hog-tied, handcuffed, duct-taped, and suffocated with a plastic bag."

Perhaps the quiet nature of this method is appealing? Guns make noise.

Quick, random thoughts. My apologies for stating the obvious and/or repeating what others may have speculated.

Given rumors about drug deals (and reports of scales being left out) - I think Johnny may have been involved in a transaction and the buyers intended to rob him? Obviously, as others have noted, he's a big guy. He would put up a fight, so there had to be either a gun involved, for control purposes, or more than two people. I think Ms. T, may have arranged the transaction and even been involved in driving the perps to and fro? I don't think anyone who would commit such a crime would want to take several minutes to walk out of the area, and risk being seen? So, I'm not sure if the white van sighting has any relation at all? In fact, I think Ms. T may have wanted to explain her car being in the area, thus the story about driving back to check out the house? She also had to explain why she was on the phone with Johnny at 11ish. IMO, it's plausible that she drove the perps to the house, called Johnny to let him know she and her friends were outside/on the way. He let them in under the premise of completing a transaction. They never intended to pay. And, they wanted a bonus in the form of robbing the house. Lisa was likely in another area, getting ready for bed when things went awry? This might explain her partial state of dress? Ms. T took a couple hours to hashing out her story. She tried to cover all bases, sending texts, explaining her car in the area, etc.

Then again, I may be completely off. Regardless, I bet we'll know very soon. It sounds like there was plenty of evidence left behind.

I would put money on T being involved. Her story makes zero sense. I doubt she wanted her friends dead. In fact, she may not have anticipated a robbery. But IMHO, she knows who's guilty.

Sorry that my first post is so long. Oops

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by netsleuth - 02-07-2011, 03:48 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM