Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1...vm.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MAYTEE LA CUBANA VAZQUEZ, VICTIM`S MOTHER: You need to get the police out to 2161 Longacre Lane. My son is in the basement tied up in this house. I just saw him through the window. The police were out here earlier and did absolutely nothing! All cell phones are on the ground, and we can see the people. Him and his girlfriend are tied up in the basement!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, horror as two young lives are snuffed out, and their killer is on the loose as we speak. Was this a robbery gone bad? Or was this couple specifically targeted, and if so, why? A grieving mom joins me tonight in her desperate search for justice.

The bodies of her 21-year-old son, Johnny Clarke, and his 20-year-old girlfriend, Lisa Straub, were discovered inside their Ohio home a week ago. Their hands were tied; their heads were covered with plastic bags. The couple appears to have suffocated to death. There were no signs of a break-in.

Earlier that night, Johnny was on the phone with a friend when Johnny suddenly started speaking to some apparent stranger who`s in the house, and he drops the phone. That worried friend who was on the other end of the line calls Johnny`s mom eventually. His mom then makes the first of three calls to 911.

Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VAZQUEZ: All she hears is the phone drop and my son Johnny saying, "Who are you? What do you want? What are you doing here?"

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police made two visits to the home. They say they walked around the house, peered in the windows, but saw nothing wrong.

Finally, Johnny`s dad went to the house, kicked in the door and made this horrific discovery.

So what happened to Johnny and Lisa? What are your theories? Give me a call: 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

Straight out to my very special guest tonight, Maytee Vazquez, Johnny Clarke`s mother.

First of all, Maytee, our deepest condolences. We are so very sorry this has happened to you. I can`t imagine what you are feeling right now. We want to help you find justice, and to that end, tell us about your son. He was yelling into the phone, "Who are you?" What do you think happened?

VAZQUEZ: I think that him and Lisa were supposed to have guests come over, from what I`m hearing, and somehow I believe in my mind that this girl that made this phone call knows more than what she`s telling. I think it was a setup. I think it was premeditated. I think they knew the parents were going to be gone and out of town.

These people had gone out there a few nights in a row shooting pool with the kids. And they went in there to rob them. The girl called...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Maytee, you -- Maytee, if you could look up at me. I`m sorry, ma`am, if you could look up into the camera. Thank you so much. This girl, who apparently she waited before calling? In other words, she`s on the other end of the line. Your son goes, "Who are you? What do you want?" Drops the phone and she doesn`t immediately call for help? She waits. Is that true?

VAZQUEZ: She waits two hours. She waits two hours to call a friend of his that knows me and tells the friend, "I think something really bad happened to John and Lisa. I was on the phone with them. I heard such and such," you know, what you repeated on the show earlier. "And I heard Johnny drop the phone. I`ve gone by the house a few times. It looks ransacked. It looks like cabinets and doors are open. I think somebody needs to call Johnny`s mom and tell them something bad has happened."

And I asked the friend that called me to give me her cell phone number. She talks to me, tells me the same story. I`m asking her, "Why aren`t you calling the police when you were on the phone with them at 11? Anybody in their normal mind would have called the police if something like this is happening." And she has no explanation. So...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, I -- there`s so many things that I don`t understand. No. 1, if there`s no break-in, how does this person or persons get in to this home where your son was staying with his girlfriend without him realizing they`d gotten into the house? Because he`s on the phone...

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What? The garage door!

VAZQUEZ: The garage door.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So the garage door`s open.

VAZQUEZ: Everyone -- everyone would enter in and out through the garage door. There was a key that would sit in a box next to the door that goes from the garage into the home. I`ve watched the kids many times pick out the key out of the box, open the door to the house, and put the key right back in. Unless the kid...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So you think it`s somebody that knew how to get into this house and maybe had been there before and had some kind of relationship with your son?

VAZQUEZ: Or with Lisa. Lisa.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Or with the girlfriend.

VAZQUEZ: Because she knew more kids out in Springfield. My son didn`t live in Springfield.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What was your son doing there? Your son is what, 21?

VAZQUEZ: Twenty-one.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What did he do? What did he do? Was he at school? Did he have a job?

VAZQUEZ: Johnny was in barber school. Johnny was in barber school. And Johnny had been staying with Lisa for the past few weeks. The kids were back and forth between my house and Lisa`s house. They would stay at my house a week or two. They would go to Lisa`s house a week or two. They were always back and forth.

Since the parents had the cruise planned to go out of town, the kids were going to be out there house-sitting.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Police have raised the possibility that this might be a robbery gone bad. However, how do you explain that the cell phones, the wallets and the computers of your son, who was viciously murdered, and his girlfriend, who was also murdered, were left behind? And they also found a key stamped with the numbers 544 under Lisa`s body. So do you think that this was a robbery, or does it seem like something else was going on here?

VAZQUEZ: I think it was premeditated. I think their intent was robbery.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, why not take all of that, then?

VAZQUEZ: Well -- I don`t know if there was money in the wallet or not. I think whoever did this is probably trying to make a statement of some type. She had a very jealous ex-boyfriend.

You know, the kids were very kind kids, very trusting. My son would give the shirt off his back to anyone that needed it. He cut hair for a living until he graduated from barber school. That`s what he was doing.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I have to ask you this, and this is not in any way, shape or form to -- you know, embarrass you or the family, but we are trying to solve this. And we want to find justice for you and your family. You`ve been through hell. Your son did have a criminal history. He served about a year and a half for robberies he committed back when he was 18.

VAZQUEZ: No, no. I`m not going to go into none of that, no. I`m not.

Contd below

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 02-08-2011, 02:49 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM