Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Part 2

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Quick question. OK. Quick question.

VAZQUEZ: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you think he had any enemies? That`s all I`m trying to figure out.

VAZQUEZ: No, he did not have any enemies. And actually, Lisa`s boyfriend was in prison for robbery and just got out of prison a couple months ago.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes...

VAZQUEZ: Lisa`s ex-boyfriend was in prison for robbery. Yes, my son, no, he didn`t have any enemies. This has nothing to do with my son.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, OK.

VAZQUEZ: She would be more connected to this than my son would.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s...

VAZQUEZ: These people knew...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

VAZQUEZ: These people knew her and they knew how to get into her house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Can we rewind and take a...

VAZQUEZ: My son did not live there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. And listen, I know you are suffering so much. We want to be part of making this a step toward justice. OK? We understand that this is just the worst thing that could ever happen to a mother is to lose their son.

VAZQUEZ: This is the most horrible thing that could ever happen to anyone. These people are demons that killed my son and Lisa. They need to be found, and justice needs to be served on them, OK?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely. And we want to...

VAZQUEZ: These people need the death sentence. And somebody needs to crack and come forward. OK? Somebody needs to come forward, because somebody knows what happened there that night.

When I spoke to his friends, the house he was at before he went to pick up Lisa from work where he had been playing his X-box Live, he told them, "I`m going to pick Lisa up from work. We`re going back to the house. We have people coming over. We`re going to shoot some pool." OK?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now let me ask you about this. I want to ask you about this. Police visited the home twice after you called 911. And they walked around the house, and they said that essentially nothing seemed suspicious.

I think we can play a little bit of the 911 call here. Let`s listen to that.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DETECTIVE CATHY STOOKSBURY, LUCAS COUNTY SHERIFF`S OFFICE: The family members that were concerned because they couldn`t get hold of John. Looked through windows that we could see through, our officers could see through. Didn`t see anything amiss.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So the officers went to the house. That`s a spokesperson. They looked around the house. They didn`t see anything amiss, so they didn`t go into the house. Then your husband or Johnny`s father gets to the house. He props himself on somebody`s shoulders, and he sees in a window. And he sees...

VAZQUEZ: No, that`s wrong.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Correct me. Tell me.

VAZQUEZ: OK, I will correct you. From the time I got the call from the girl that another girl called her that said she had spoke to Johnny at 11, and she heard the struggle, the one that did not call the police for two hours, then decided to contact a friend to contact me and say she felt something was terribly wrong, that she had gone by the house several times within that two-hour time frame and seen the house was ransacked, I called the police from my house. I send my husband out there.

The girl met us out there with the police. The first set of police cars go out there, four of them. They investigate for five minutes, and they leave.

When I get out there, I called the police a second time. I was at the residence. I begged them to go in the house. I said, "Something is terribly wrong. Lisa`s car is in the garage. There`s -- all the vehicles are in the driveway and the garage. My son`s not answering the phone. He`s a mama`s boy. He would answer the phone to me at any time of the day or night, whenever I would call him."

The girl told the police that she heard the struggle at 11 at night. I asked the police, why would she wait two hours to call me to have somebody call me to say something was wrong and that she had gone out there a couple times? OK? She knew the cabinets were open. She said something was wrong, that she felt something bad had happened to Johnny. Why did she wait two hours?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you feel that she`s in the house? Because if the cops couldn`t see that the cabinets were open from the outside...

VAZQUEZ: Yes, yes, yes, yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: ... that would -- that would imply that she had been in the house.

VAZQUEZ: Yes. Exactly.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, on the other side of this, we`re going to ask what police are telling you about what happened.

VAZQUEZ: Well, let me finish this.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK.

VAZQUEZ: When the police were out there the second time, the girl gives the police the same statement. I`m begging for them to break in the house, because I know something has gone terribly wrong. No kids are answering the phones; the house phone is not being picked up. The dog`s in the house. The cars are all in the garage.

They said these kids are old enough. There`s no probable cause. I believe there`s probable cause from the girl`s statement saying that she talked to them at 11, and she heard the struggle in the background.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you feel that the police should have gone in sooner?

VAZQUEZ: Yes. I do. Yes, I do. The first time I made the call, I believe the police should have gone in. At least the second time when I was there.

I know I`m working with law enforcement. I know this case is, you know, going to be solved. She`s murders are going to be caught. But it`s just too bad that it didn`t happen fast enough. OK?

Now I`m haunted with the memory, what if my son was still alive? What if these criminals were in the house at the second time when we were out there or the first time when the police were there, and nothing was done then?

My husband -- the third time, the third 911 call I made is when the police left the second time, I told my husband, now we`re going to wait till the police are gone, and you`re going back through this house...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What is running through you when you feel that possibility that maybe, while you were there, they were still inside?

VAZQUEZ: That my husband was doing their job for them and that my son is dead in this house, that something horribly wrong has happened to my son. From hearing the 911 -- the call that the girl makes to another friend to make to me, I`m feeling in my gut is wrenching. Something is horribly wrong with my son and Lisa. It`s not like them to not answer the phone. He would answer the phone to me day or night. And he would say, "Mom, we`re shooting pool" or "Mom, we`re sleeping. We`re watching TV. I`m OK. I`m alive. I love you."

That`s what my son would say, "I`m fine. Leave me alone. I`ll talk to you tomorrow. I`ll call you back." He would say, you know, about something was terribly wrong and, you know, he would have been able to answer the phone, "Call the police."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mrs. Vazquez, we want to help solve this horrific crime. We know you`re going through hell. We`re going to do everything we can. We`re not going to let this story go. Thank you, thank you for your honesty. Thank you for coming on.

VAZQUEZ: Yes and the third time when the police was called, I had my husband prop up...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We have to go to break. We`re on a -- we`re on a -- we will stay on top of the story. We`ll have more next with a team of experts. So hang in right there, viewers. We`re going to have more on this and analyze this case, this disturbing case next.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 02-08-2011, 02:49 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM