Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Part 3

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

VAZQUEZ: Get them (EXPLETIVE DELETED) cops out here! I told them earlier and they wouldn`t listen to me!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK, ma`am, you need to calm down. We`ll get them out there, but yelling at me...

VAZQUEZ: They`re unconscious, ma`am.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. You said they`re unconscious?

VAZQUEZ: Yes!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tragically, they were dead. Who wanted Johnny Clarke and his girlfriend dead? You just heard from Johnny`s devastated mother. There were signs of a struggle. The victims tied up with bags over their head. If this were a robbery, as police have suggested, why were their wallets, phones and computers left behind?

Straight out to David Lohr, crime contributor for AOLNews.com. What are some of the other items that police found in the home, and what could their significance be?

DAVID LOHR, CRIME CONTRIBUTOR, AOLNEWS.COM: Well, they executed a search warrant on the home late last week. They found several items. There was a broken cell phone parts strewn throughout the house. There was some foreign currency.

But most interesting was the items they recovered from the kitchen area. Zip-loc bags, some small bags, white bags, pieces of them. And they found some scales, and like you had mentioned, the key that had 544 stamped on it. So we still don`t know the relevance of that key. Does it go to a hotel room? Does it go to a locker somewhere? Who knows?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Very quickly, I want to ask Mike Brooks what do you make of all that? And we have ten seconds.

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: The scales, the Zip-loc bags, that bothers me a lot, because what does that usually say when you see that, Jane? It usually says some kind of drug activity.

We don`t know that for sure. But I`m just telling you, as a former investigator, you go into a kitchen area, find that, that`s first thing investigators are going to take a look at.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We`re going to stay on top of it. Thank you, panel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM