Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
One last thing before I turn in:

Some people have expressed disappointment/fear that since a 5k reward has been issued within a week or so of the crime, the case is going cold and they have no leads so that is why a reward is being offered. The case is just starting and that could not be further from the truth, as I think.

Prosecutors require certain foundations before taking a case to trial to guarantee a victory due to double jeopardy, and I believe LE is simply covering their bases, plus wanting someone/as many people as possible to confirm the information that is known or will be found during scientic investigation of the evidence. A good defense attorney will do his/her best to get as much information as possible thrown out as this WILL be a high profile criminal court case so expect the suspects that are eventually arrested to be represented by top notch defensce attorneys. By having more people come forward with proven details about this case, it will solidify the case and futher the odds of a conviction. It is a standard practice in all communities to put out rewards such as this to get others to confirm details and agree to testify and/or lead them to important evidence in a case-even sometimes when the suspects are already proven/known. Offering a reward of $5000 within weeks of a hot case in no way means that LE is stumped or it is a cold case-they are simply covering all bases and hoping others with information about this case do the right thing and come forward and further build the case against their suspect(s) while the case is still hot/memories do not become an issue later and odds are peple are sharing incriminating details and/or evidence, or noticing odd behavior that could be associated with this crime scene and cause the potential caller to give a break in the case. Many cases have been solved or helped tremendously using this method of reward and I hope it does the same in this case to futher solidfy it to put the perps away.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TellMeACrimeStory - 02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM