Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
"Straub and Clarke both died of asphyxiation and are thought to have been killed some time between 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m."

This is one of the most substantial pieces of the puzzle we have received as of to date. Here is the revised timeline I have put together:

Sunday @ 11:00 pm - John and "Tiff" talk on the phone. Tiff states John plans on picking her up and is about to head out the door.

Shortly after the prior phone call -Tiff calls John back to tell him she is going to the store so he should wait a minute and overhears the phone dropping and along with the comment "Bro what are you doing"

From ~11:05pm to ~1:00am - Tiff attempts to reach both John and Lisa by phoning them and texting them. Tiff says she drives by the house and the lights are on. One statement places Tiff at the front door to ring the doorbell but there is no answer. Tiff calls one of her friends, who calls another friend who in turn calls JC's mother.

One would think this would happen one call right after the other, in a quick way. After someone tells you they think JC and LS have home intruders in the house, you don't ask how their day has been going.

Monday @ 1:03 am - The friend of Tiff's calls John's mother and explains what happened (the mother, in an interview said "why would you wait until 1:03 to call me?). John's mother calls Tiff and Tiff goes over her story.

1:21 am - John's mother calls 911 to report what happened. She also states that Tiff has picked up John's father and they are driving to the house.

1:28 am - Sheriff deputies arrive at the house and find no probable cause to enter. The exterior doors are locked and the the windows are undamaged. They cannot see into the house. They stay on sight for 11 minutes. The murders have already been committed by 1:28, the killer's car(s) were not noticed in the driveway or around the house by the Sheriff's deputies.

The time of death is most likely between 1:00am and 1:28am. The only other way I see the time of death going beyond that is if the plastic bags used contained a very large quantity of air (55 gallon bags), and the killers planned on the couple being alive for a while (to have someone come back and save them). The use of large bags in highly unlikely, and it is most certainly the case that the killers left the house prior to the first police showing up.

Tiff would have seen the killers car(s) present if they were in the house when she showed up earlier. The killers murdered the couple around 1am (or a few minutes earlier). The time of death means that it was after Tiff claims she checked on the house.

I think this is a substantial piece of evidence that points toward the fact that Tiff lied about checking on the house. Her creditability is now gone, I will leave you to draw your own conclusions. It appears that JC and LS were killed on the way out the door, and not any earlier.

Before the TOD was released, I thought that the murders were probably out of the house shortly after 10pm, I did not think the murders would have waited three hours to kill the couple.

This is just my opinion combined with the facts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Stolly - 02-10-2011, 11:20 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM