Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-11-2011, 08:39 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: TellMe: Can you share your knowlege about this Lady Cop? Thanks!

i'm not sure what the question is. but i will say i am not conversant with how pings/disposable phones work. that's tech stuff i don't fully know. but phone records do tell a story once they are submitted.

Thank you. I tend to think this was a personal crime-a robbery and/or drug deal gone wrong but by people known to Lisa and Johnny. I know back in the old days (showing my age, lol) dealers would use pagers so I am guessing the drug criminals use throw away phones for protection rather than a phone they register with a long term contract. I am wondering if these types of phones were in use and not regular phones used by suspects:

1. If someone gets a phone card or a phone with prepaid minutes, are they as easily traced as regular cell phones? I have never used one so not sure if you can pay cash and get the phones and cards or must show id, etc. I work downtown in our city and I always see meth heads and obvious drug users buying lots of phone cards at the store across the street when I go other there to buy anything nad wait in line at the cashier.

2. Can law enforcement get a search warrant for ALL calls/phones pinging near the crime scene the night of the murder or can they only put in a search warrant for phone numbers only known to belong to persons of interest in the case? Since there seem to be unsavory people involved in this case, I am thinking some may have throw away phones they use for drug deals on a regular basis instead of a cell phone registered to them, so commuications may have been made via throw away phones, esp after the murders happened if that was not the original plan.

Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TellMeACrimeStory - 02-11-2011, 08:52 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM