Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-11-2011, 08:57 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
Quote:2. Can law enforcement get a search warrant for ALL calls/phones pinging near the crime scene the night of the murder or can they only put in a search warrant for phone numbers only known to belong to persons of interest in the case?

Whatever phone Tiffany or ? called Johnny from, can be traced. Once they have his records, I'm sure they can find out anything they need to know.

I agree and I apologize for not making myself clearer. Lets say LE gets warrants for the phones of all involved including the victims and potential suspects. A number(s) shows up around the time of the crime and is tracked inbound to one of the known phones in the search warrant.

Can people buy prepaid phones where there are not signed contracts
showingwho purchased them? Is their a serial number or anything assigned to them which will lead back to where the phone was purchased and can a person pay cash for a phone and not have ANY record who purchased it, besides potential video footage during the purchase? Sorry I have had the same cell phone plan for many years and have no clue it is it easy or hard to get a disposable phone-time to google and check out the link someone else just kindly posted.

Plus I have heard about cloned phones and I am sure that could be a possibilty as well with known criminals but again, I lack knowledge about this and how they work. Just wondering if murderers could have used a phone while at the crime scene or nearby it if they thought it was untraceable to them (for example they could have used it to stay in touch with Tiffany and she could have one as well if she is involved in dealing) that night when it CAN be traced easily and come back to haunt them. Time to do some research Smiley_emoticons_smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TellMeACrimeStory - 02-11-2011, 09:08 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM