Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-11-2011, 09:17 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(02-11-2011, 09:08 PM)TellMeACrimeStory Wrote: Can people buy prepaid phones where there are not signed contracts
showing who purchased them?

Yes.

Quote:Is their a serial number or anything assigned to them which will lead back to where the phone was purchased and can a person pay cash for a phone and not have ANY record who purchased it, besides potential video footage during the purchase?

It's probably not that complicated. Yes, there are serial numbers and assigned phone numbers to various companies. Throw away phones are traceable to an extent. In a case where such a phone was used, I'm sure the only evidence necessary would be a call coming to J's phone at the time T said she called, and/or testimony of other friends saying what T's phone number was. Remember Sharita got a call from T as did Johnny's Mom.

Quote:Just wondering if murderers could have used a phone while at the crime scene or nearby it if they thought it was untraceable to them (for example they could have used it to stay in touch with Tiffany and she could have one as well if she is involved in dealing) that night when it CAN be traced easily and come back to haunt them.

I don't think anything is totally untraceable when it comes to electronic footprints. Especially given T admits to making a call. I think she did this because she had a known, registered number and she needed to try and explain contact with JC on the night of the murders.

TYSM for clarifying this. I hope with all my heart they were not smart enough to stay in touch using throw away phones for all communications while keeping their main cell numbers quiet except to set up the alibi for Tiffany and any others, so they could not say see, check my phone, there is nothing incriminating on it. I think the robbery/drug deal was planned but not the murders, which would cause a more thorough investigation. Thus, Tiffany would not have been worried about using a regular cell phone if she has more than one while she helped set this up and stayed in touch via phone if not there when it went down. I hope the cell records help solidify the evidence against all involved in this crime.

Tiffany also seems hardcore and not sure if she will crack right away if evidence links to her via cell phones and they need her testimony to get the others- if a confession is needed to help nail the others and secure additional warrants. I hope so and hope the DNA evidence will come back with solid evidence to help seal the case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TellMeACrimeStory - 02-11-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM