Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-12-2011, 06:06 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 06:00 PM)shitstorm Wrote: I support HUMAN rights. "Useful idiots" (not my term) often have no idea of the hidden agenda behind social movements which have been carefully planned and directed for a predictable outcome. Additionally, sometimes genuine, organic, movements get hijacked.

If you're talking about the Koch brothers and the Tea Party, there is evidence for this assertion. But not all social movements are hijacked or funded by $ interests. I'm guessing you take issue with progressive movements empowering women and people of color?

The tea party arose from one Ron Paul supporter who put up a web site, in 2007, to have an online fundraiser (money bomb) and nationwide rallies on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. Yes, the movement and idea were hijacked by neocons and GOP operatives. Contrary to much of what's been written, the Koch Bros were late the party. Not that it matters. Hijacked is hijacked and it's done.

You assume that women and people of color have been empowered by "progressive" movements and policies. In some cases, I would agree. In other instances I know better. In the case of minorities, specifically blacks, the welfare state is a corralling or containment operation. It was designed to keep the slaves on the plantation, out of the mainstream. There is a reason that fathers cannot reside with welfare mothers and their children. Mission accomplished. With women, the agenda is much more complex.

You were right, though. It's a subject for another thread.

ETA: To buy the ostensible or perceived reasons for many social movements and public policy is as misguided as believing that NATO is in Afghanistan to help oppressed women.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by shitstorm - 02-12-2011, 06:31 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM