Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-13-2011, 04:36 AM)jash Wrote: Lucas County itself is rife with nepotism, favoritism, and the good ol boys club. It is a very, very tight legal and political community. Our County Prosecutor, Julia Bates, is actually the wife of a sitting Common Pleas Judge! And they are not the only husband/wife conflict of interest!

It is hard for me to remember when the last time the Lucas County Sheriffs Dept even investigated a murder, much less a double murder, and the Lead Investigator..Cathy Stooksbury...I have SERIOUS doubt that she could find her way out of a goddamn paper bag. Oh wait, I do remember one murder the sheriffs department investigated, and Cathy Stooksbury was the detective investigating...it was where an inmate of the jail was alledgedly killed by Lucas County deputies and the Sheriff (James Telb) was accused of covering it up!

Detective Stooksbury and her partner interviewed the whistleblower in the situation (an ex employee that spilled the beans after she was fired and witnessed the attack) and Stooksbury deduced that there was no foul play involved and that the inmate did not die from a beating as the whistleblower suggested.
An autopsy by Deputy Lucas County Coroner Dr. Cynthia Beisser found no evidence of trauma, foul play, or abuse.

BUT, once the Justice Department is called in, they find that the inmate died from the beating AND strangulation!! Hmmmm...wonder how Stooksbury missed that? Wonder how the goddamn coroner missed that??

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...google.com

There was also a case that Stooksbury was the detective regarding a child rape and doggedly went after an innocent man, who went to PRISON. Thankfully, tho it took some time, his conviction was overturned and he was set free...(I'm trying to find a link for that, but I can't remember the guys name!)
IMO, she has very little experience, IMO she covered up the murder in the jail, IMO she was so focused on ONE man in the child rape case that she failed to successfully catch the REAL perp....and I find it telling(reading the lengthy Blade article just posted) that not one "expert" the Blade talked to AGREED with her assessment that it was a robbery gone bad. Those experts stated they went there to kill them, it was PERSONAL, they wanted to see them suffer, etc. and Stooksbury was not even asked her opinion regarding the case for this article.

IMO, there is absolutely no reason for Stooksbury to not have had at least ONE presser. Even one, to assure the public that LE doesn't feel there is a band of murderous home invaders roaming around town and for the public to hide your kids..hide your wife...I mean, c'mon...what's the purpose of NOT having a presser like that?

As I said, totally my opinion regarding the detective, and I am really hoping she doesn't f*** this up.

And BTW...people have posted messages left on boards regarding lisa being beat up by the ex, coming into work beat up.....IF that happened, WTH? Where's the charges arising from that? I believe in LC, the victim DOES NOT need to press charges, if LE has been called..THEY can press the charges if they feel she was assaulted, they don't need the victim too.....wouldn't her parents at least have called police?? I know I would if my kid came home beat up.

Maytee's rantings on the Justice Page are getting WAY out of control. I would construe some of her postings to be threats...somebody needs to tell her to knock that off...implying that young children may be hurt?? She is a whack job and bordering (if not already) dangerous IMO

Very troubling information on the sheriff's dept and the rest of the "justice" establishment in that venue. Pretty damn typical, too. I hope these people don't blow it. The RIGHT killers need to be caught and they need to be caught soon. Whoever did this is/are going to kill someone again and, most likely, have killed before.

It's just pathetic that people who covered up MURDER in the jail are responsible for investigating murder. Also, the going after the wrong man in that other case - I HATE these stories and there are hundreds of them. Ever see The Thin Blue Line? I highly recommend it and it's not, at all, unusual.

There are so many sleazy people around this case that it would be easy for the cops and prosecutors to nail the wrong one/s and the public would be perfectly content that somebody/anybody fried.

BTW, am I the only one sick of "niggaz", "hos", "bytches", ghetto lingo and the practically illiterate ramblings of these people? Damn, it makes my head hurt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by shitstorm - 02-13-2011, 09:43 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM