Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-13-2011, 09:51 PM)seriouslycurious Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 09:37 PM)jash Wrote:
Quote: some attnys. will take a case pro bono if it could be high profile/publicity. but those weren't. were they locally?
the murder case(s) will be

This is interesting question because a family member is in the legal community here and they have stated that attys here are desperate for money. This is a town that has the U of T law school, so we have WAY to many lawyers for the size of the pop and they are barely eeking out a living with our economy. For those of you that don't know, Toledo was just voted in the top WORST 20 cities to live based on housing continuing to slide, job loss, economic recovery possibilities, etc. When the robberies occurred, these guys were just some more lowlifes that got caught, so to post bond, hire Richardson...SOMEBODY came up with a shitload of cash.

I've done record checks and can find no house or mortgages in either Maytee's name or her husbands name (john P.) I know what street they live on, and it's highly likely with the no mortgage, no address coming up that they are renting...so they didn't put up a house to my knowledge...CASH BABY

It is possible that the house the parents live in was used to post his bond. The house listed on JC's probation record is listed on the Auditors Website to a man and woman with the same last name as the parents. Maybe Grandma or Grandpa?

A very close friend of mine was a prosecutor who made 40k, now she is a public defender and truly there really is money in the contracts...100k or more, so the State pays them well and they can represent the "not sure what to label them" individuals. While these gentlemen are high profile, they most likely also have some contract with the state that covers their wine and cheese bill tooSmiley_emoticons_smile Take it for what it's worth, but I was shocked at what a defense attorney can make versus a prosecutor, even defending the penniless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by curiouscat - 02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM