Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-14-2011, 11:19 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(02-14-2011, 11:00 AM)RaisingAPrince Wrote:
(02-14-2011, 10:44 AM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
Quote:Thanks for this info Kitty. I am curious if her ex was there or if he was one that wasn't allowed?

i'm not sure about that. there were pics of him there.

I'm fairly stunned about this. Let's see, he had a TRO against him from the family, he alledgedly punched her friend in the stomach, and beat her to where people have claimed on this board that they SAW her beaten, and they have photos of him at the funeral?? Seriously? I see that being wrong on so many levels. The girl lies dead in a casket because of the violence and people she surrounded herself with, and they have pics of her and ANOTHER MAN WHO WAS PHYSICALLY VIOLENT AND STALKING HER at her funeral?? I might be in the minority, but WTF were people thinking? That would be the damn day I would put pics of my daughter and an abusive ex up at her funeral! Jesus. And we wonder why the abuse and degradation of woman continues in this country?? I am really upset that they did that if its true, and please don't post soemthing as trite as "Well, they really loved each other TILL HE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HER, they were a great coupld TILL HER PARENTS TOOK OUT A TRO on him for harrassment and trespassing...UGH

You aren't the minority & I'm glad you said something about this, I noticed it too. As I said previously somewhere in this thread I can't see myself condoning any kind of abusive relationship & if the ex BD is as bad as he was made out to be, why allow him at the funeral & put pictures of them up? If he couldn't show her respect in life, I don't see why he'd be allowed to come show respects in death. JMO

I'm not sure I believe all the "rumors" about the ex. JC's mom is one of the ones saying he was an abusive ex, etc. Perhaps they had a rough relationship. Maybe he was abusive, which is NEVER ok, BUT you have to remember they did have a relationship and I'm sure he cared about her. Even if things didn't end well, he's mourning as well. As far as we know, he hasn't caused any problems with this case.

JC's mom isn't the only one who's said that. There has been atleast one poster here who claims to have known or been in LS's inside circle and said that she came to work with bruises. Actually I think the wording was more along the lines of "beat the Hell up" If that's true then remembering that they had a relationship is irrelevant. As far as I'm concerned any caring he may have had for her became null & void the moment he layed hands on her. That's kinda like saying "sorry I beat the shit out of you BUT I love you" No offence but Fuck that! I'm not claiming he had anything to do with the murders, I don't see any tie to him & TW who I DO believe was involved. I just don't understand why you allow someone at your daughters funeral that reportedly hit her or that you had to take a TPO out on. I don't understand that.
[/quote]

"There has been atleast one poster here who claims to have known or been in LS's inside circle and said that she came to work with bruises."

All claims. All I'm saying is there's no proof anywhere that he did in fact beat her. He, just like any other friends she had, is mourning and IMO should be able to pay is respects.

As of now, it's all hearsay. I do not recall seeing the ex having any reports filed against him for hitting her. Correct me if I'm wrong. The TPO doesn't prove to me that he was hitting her, perhaps her parents had an issue with him and didn't want him around? None of us know the true story. I just don't see where it's the worst thing in the world for him to be at her funeral paying his respects.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by RaisingAPrince - 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM