Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-17-2011, 01:33 AM)doing40thisyear Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 01:26 AM)AriGold Wrote: All the references to these peoples' past criminal and drug use (whether relevant or not) were sparked prematurely by the way the media and news has handled this case.

Regardless of who's side you sit on here, it's important to watch the local media and news REAL close. They are lazy at best; incompetent liars at worst. They can -- and will -- intentionally misrepresent and shape their "reporting" from the right and the left to gin up interest in this "horse race".

It's just like when they raid houses for drugs. The news always mentions if there were guns found. They never say if the guns were legally owned, but it makes the accused appear guilty to the general public. If they DO find drugs, they ALWAYS show the guns sitting next to them. Subtle, but effective mind shaping.

As a result many believe that if they were dealing drugs or involved with shady people, then they deserved their fate. I fail to see the logic in that. It's the same logic - or lack thereof - that kind of suggests that a woman "had it coming" if she was dressed provocatively or some guy went to an ATM late at night in the wrong part of town. These are probably not smart moves, but they certainly don't warrant the aforementioned consequences.

I applaud Tiff for taking her time to answer (on her own accord, and at her own possible risk) questions on this forum. To me, that says a lot more than "rap-sheets" -- which are subjective and without any context -- about her involvement in this.

ok you have your opinion...I however think she was not clever to even join the forum if she didnt think that someone may not believe her..because of the past...criminal behavior...and of her boyfriend and of her husband's criminal behavior...I mean you may applaud but it speaks to me that she thinks she can get away with anything.. She didnt seem sincere to me, either. I not going to wish harm to her or anything...I DONT BELIEVE HER ...this is why the past sometime comes to haunt you....I do not have a rap sheet. I dont have anyone in my family who was gunned down because they attempted to rob someone...sometime the past bites you in the ass...

I just so disagree. We need to keep people honest and try to find the honest
people. THey may have four kids and a few smashed headlights on someone
else's dicky car, and not have their license with them, but they still may be
really nice people who will lead the city through understanding.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TotallyCurious - 02-17-2011, 01:59 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM