Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-17-2011, 12:03 PM)aileen Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 11:59 AM)EastCoastKat Wrote: I never got to read "Grieving Friend" either, I didn't copy it fast enough, lol!
Here's what I found...

Grieving Friend said:
Some of this information is true, some of it isn't.

I personally knew Lisa very well. Her boyfriend was involved in dealing drugs. This does not mean he deserved to be violently murdered. Does the motive for the murder have anything to do with drugs or drug money? No one knows. It is a very real possibility, but not guaranteed, and all leads are obviously being investigated.

Also, the home belonged to Lisa's parents, Jeff and MaryBeth, not Johnny, as it says in the article above.

The 911 phone call from John's mother said that she knew something was wrong due to a phone call from a friend of John's. Apparently Lisa and John were to pick up this friend and John was calling her to tell her they were leaving the house. At that time the friend heard the phone drop to the ground and John asking questions like "who are you" and "what are you doing here, what do you want?". At that point the friend contacted John's mom, and this is how she knew.

This is an extremely tragic situation. Lisa had tons of friends, mostly young, vulnerable adults, all of whom are psychological affected by this gruesome event, including myself. Please do not mar it further with false, baseless information and speculation.

My prayers for Lisa and John to whoever is listening.
Posted 02/01/2011 at 10:08:48 PM

Grieving Friend said:
@Aussie. No. Having digital scales in your kitchen doesn't mean you're a drug dealer. Being a known drug dealer and owning TWO digital scales only pushes the fact that you're a drug dealer. And obviously there are other pieces of evidence besides the scales. He dealt. I'm a 19 year old friend of Lisa's and I know it. All of his and her friends know it. Stop pretending drugs aren't part of his past or present, because they were. It's out in the open. And no, this doesn't mean there's something I know that I'm not telling. I'm sick of hearing that. It means that I know he was a drug dealer, which I'm sure the cops have been told numerous times. So please, stop defending his actions. No he didn't deserve to die. No she didn't necessarily die because of him. That's not what I'm saying. Start being realistic. If drugs were a factor in their deaths, so be it. If not, so be it, but I wish people would stop acting like he was an angel (though he surely is now). He had issues, he went to jail for it. After jail he was still involved in drugs despite being on probation. Maybe he was trying to get his act together. Whatever. Clearly there were some things he was still working on. Had he been here longer, he might have gotten a chance to grow up and out of the dangerous lifestyle he was living.

Posted 02/07/2011 at 05:41:33 PM

Grieving Friend said:
@tamo2000 Lisa was truly a free spirit, she did what she wanted. She was just such a sweet and caring person, which is why her death is so painful to those close to her. I don't want to dump on her life, but she had been traveling down the wrronggg path for a very long time. Her parents struggled to control her. She was young but old enough to make her own decisions at this point. It's a shame she couldn't see clearer. I don't know what she was like when she was very young, but I hear she was a wild child. Always happy, but wild.

Posted 02/08/2011 at 02:09:19 AM

So sad, but this is a lot of what we thought here anyway. I really, really feel bad for JC's parents and LS's parents OMG, I couldn't even imagine going into my kitchen where something so absolutely terrifying and horrible like this happened to one of my children, I would be certifiable!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by EastCoastKat - 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM