Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Since I first read about these murders I've been gripped by the case, following a few sites until I finally found Mock, and I've barely gone elsewhere since. Like many posters, I was particularly struck by the contrast between the youth and beauty of the victims, vs the cruel manner in which they were killed. Added to that was Maytee's increasing panic in the 911 calls that led up to Johnny’s own father discovering the bodies, and Lisa’s parents having to cut their vacation short to return to the horror. It’s almost too tragic for words.
My immediate thought was drugs, and that Maytee’s knowledge of her son’s lifestyle and/or associates contributed to the urgency of her calls. My next thought was that TW was playing the role of puppet master (consciously or not), as she alone knew the supposed sequence of events, what Johnny did or didn’t say, and whether she even spoke to him that night. All of this information originated with TW; Maytee and others only repeated (with some embellishments) the story she told them. IF TW’s story is true it gives her an alibi, but it’s also a possibility that she created the story to exonerate herself and/or ZB and/or her boyfriend or others. I don’t believe she expected JC and LS to be murdered, but I’d be surprised if she doesn’t know who’s involved. I suspect that the only honor among the thugs she runs with is to a code of silence.
There’s been some speculation on here that the motive might have been revenge, which is possible, but I keep coming back to the scales and baggies that were found, which screams drugs to me. I doubt they were planted by the killers, which IMO leaves 2 possibilities. As it seems fairly obvious that JC was dealing drugs, he either felt comfortable enough to leave this equipment handy while the parents were away and didn’t bother to conceal it, or he brought it out for a particular reason that night, i.e. a drug deal. If I remember right, it’s been mentioned that TW and ZB were at Lisa’s house the previous night to shoot pool and were planning to do the same on the night of the murders. Hasn’t it also been mentioned that pool party is code for doing drugs? Could this have any relevance?
One more thing I feel compelled to mention is that children live as they learn, and with JC’s parents as role models, it would have been difficult for him to have followed a different path than he did. Now there are 2 other young boys watching the same role models, so let’s hope they set a better example this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by onefortheroad - 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM