Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-18-2011, 08:08 PM)Snoopy Wrote: You think much like I do LC! From the beginning I have strongly felt this was an intended robbery- and yes, the LE have not implied that it was "random!"
It is my opinion, that the phone call from the "friend" was intended to lure the victims from the home, so that it could be robbed, and that the victims crossed paths with the person (s), who were there to rob the home.

My guess is that, if they were leaving the home- and taking LS's car, which was parked in the garage, the perp(s) were probably in the garage, intending to enter the home through the interior door.

In my opinion, the victims were familiar with their attackers, and this is why they were killed.
The comments that the victim allegedly made, while speaking to their "friend" before the phone went dead, should be taken lightly, since this person would have a self serving reason, to not speak the truth- if they played any part in this crime.

While it is true that this is a horrible crime, and some have stated that the method of using trash bags to kill the victims, shows anger and hatred, the need to punish them, I am not sure I completely agree with this.
My thoughts are, that it could also be a coward way to kill, kind of a hands off approach, it would seem.
In crimes with extreme anger or hatred, you usually will find more violence, beaten beyond recognition- stabbed beyond what it would take to kill someone, overkill, so to speak.

The marks around the neck could indicate the killer(s) did attempt to strangle the victims first.
Strangulation takes a great deal of time, and strength- although it is not always portrayed this way, on t.v. and movies.
Using plastic bags, accomplishes two objectives, 1) left there long enough, the victims will die, and 2) if the killer does know the victims, he does not have to see them, or see the looks on their face.
If the plastic bags did not come from the home, but were brought there by the killers, it could of been to carry away stolen goods- and not necessarily for the purpose to kill.

The fact that not much was taken from the home, may be due to the panic of things getting out of hand, as well as police being sent to the home for a well check- interrupted?

The friend on the phone, did not contact anyone to say something may be wrong for several hours- which indeed lends to much suspicion.
The lapse in time between the events that took place, and the phone calls to alert someone, would have allowed for establishing alibis, getting stories straight, cleaning up potential evidence- then coming forward as a concerned friend, might be an effort to deflect suspicion as well... One could easily say, why would I be calling for help, and worried about them, if I were involved?

Of course, this is all just my take on things, and I do not pretend to be an expert, nor do I imply, there are no other options. It is just the feeling I get, from what information has been released thus far.
This "friend' may not be involved at all, and if I am wrong about that, I will be the first to say so, but something does not sit right with it all, in my opinion.

And I agree with you again LC, that I think the Police have a good idea of what took place and who is involved, and they are collecting evidence -awaiting results on evidence, before moving forward with an arrest.
That arrest, could not come a day too soon!

And its just a guess, but I think there are at least 2 people involved, probably 3, and one will roll on the others (thinking 2 involved in the break in, but at least 1 other, in setting it up- and this is just a guess!)

This was a senseless and terrible crime- May justice come soon!!!

Well thought out post, Snoopy. Do you have any thoughts about what the robbers were after? I disagree with you on one point though, which is that I think the perps were long gone by the time the alarm was raised so there was no possibility they'd be interrupted during a wellbeing check.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by onefortheroad - 02-18-2011, 08:40 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM