Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-21-2011, 01:36 PM)esbee Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 12:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 12:40 PM)trixie Wrote: Yea, but Lisa's car was in the driveway, JC and LS weren't answering calls or texts (which was apparently out of the norm), and she had already gotten the call from Tiffany's friend saying that something was wrong. I would be concerned too!

Alright, I'll give you that, it's a valid statement but, why? Why are they so concerned? I've not responded to text & my ringing BB many times. I've also pretended to not be home while my vehicle has been sitting in the circle. Why is Maytee freakin' out?

What the hell. Here goes.

So much confusion about whether this looks like a robbery or a revenge killing. Because of that, it's hard to arrive at a motive that fits. Without intent, it's been difficult to zero-in on suspects.

In my opinion, this crime was both. I think it started as a robbery. Known within a close circle of family/friends was that Lisa's parents were out of town and swagger had it that there was a safe in the house. In my opinion, Maytee first brought the idea to a group of immature peripheral players that this would be an easy score...drugs and/or the safe. Other than hurting his pride, I don't think Maytee thought Johnny was in danger. In fact, the presence of duct tape may be integral to an initial intention to "do no harm." The flurry of activity as Lisa arrived home from work and both were preparing to leave were important to having the security system disarmed at the time (not many of us would bother to arm a security system if we were going to be in and out quickly). Tiffany engaging Johnny in a phone call had multiple benefits...a) it verified that Johnny and Lisa were moving in and out of the house, spurring them on to focusing on preparing to leave b) it prevented Johnny from connecting with 911 however briefly and c) it established an alibi even if only to Johnny that Tiffany wasn't involved.

Something went horribly wrong. I don't know if the intruders were under the influence, didn't expect Johnny would recognize them, or if the absence of the safe escalated matters (I think finding the security system paperwork was telling...I think the perpetrators were looking for evidence of a safe installed by the security company). I've also wondered if the intruders included more hardcore gang members that felt wronged by Maytee and/or Johnny or had a "history" with either or both. There is certainly a component of cruelty and retribution in how they were killed even if an assault on Lisa proves untrue.

In my opinion, Tiffany is now panicking. They have been in there for too long. She doesn't know the nature of the delay, she certainly cannot call 911 and state she thinks there might be a robbery in progress, and she hesitates to implicate Maytee by placing an easily discoverable phone call. By the time Tiffany comes up with a plan to raise the alarm, there has been quite a delay. And now, Maytee has to distance herself from the crime while having LE investigate the well-being of her son.

Three things really had me thinking. First was Maytee's statement to 911 that she thought her son had been abducted. I don't think abduction in foremost in anyone's mind when they are worried about the whereabouts of family member; I don't know that abduction is even that common a crime in this age group. Second was Maytee's initial statement that Tiffany had set Johnny up. Third was Maytee's venom over the form of justice for Johnny's killers...in my opinion, it was more than the death of her son. It was the guilt over her own involvement and the fury that she felt betrayed by the perpetrators.

And that, of course, is just my opinion.

I Love your opinion and it is what i have felt for a while, but could never quite articulate. thank you

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by kitty1 - 02-21-2011, 01:42 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM