Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-22-2011, 10:19 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 10:14 PM)Jane Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 09:31 PM)shitstorm Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 04:37 PM)fabulous Wrote: I'm trying to catch up here...wow...it's hard to have a full time job, be a mother and keep up with this thread : )

but...doesn't it ring odd that the security system wires were "cut" and no response from LE or the security system company. I mean what is the point of security system if you can just "cut" the wires and move on with your crime. Even if the wires had been cut a few days earlier...it seems that someone would have responded in some way. I'm also thinking, given that we already know LE "leaks" certain "facts" of the case that aren't necessarily the truth. could this be one of them?

also...I'm sure the neighbors know alot. in a neighborhood like this neighbors know when people come and go and who is here and there. did they see alot of cars, kids in and out. late night visitors the weekend her parents were gone. You'd be surprised at what neighbors know about each other.

and my last thought...for all the people that are wondering why maytee said "holland" but the address is Maumee or Springfield twp ...or vice versa...it's becuase that area of our town is kind of mixing of those three suburbs. that area and that neighborhood especially is where holland and Maumee come together, locals would call is Springfiled Township, but I'm not sure anyone would refer to it as that if you weren't from that area. It's the southwestern suburbs of Toledo.

This may have been answered ....

I believe it was Unknown who said the wires were cut (speculating?). Lisa's uncle said the alarm had been disabled. That could mean all sorts of things - no longer paying the alarm/security company, i.e., discontinued the service; broken, etc.

Right, he said (Lisa's uncle) "they did have a security system, that had been deactivated" ... It almost sounds like the security system not even been used... it's in one of the interviews with Mr Verbosky. I'll try to find the exact wording.

JIM VERBOSKY, UNCLE OF MURDERED 20-YEAR-OLD NURSING STUDENT, LISA STRAUB: That`s correct. Like I said, we have about a half foot of snow on the ground here, and there were no fresh footprints anywhere in that house, and the layout of the house is, you would enter through the garage -- the garage door would have been up, then we would entered through the door and then gone right into the kitchen.

They did have a security alarm system in the home, but that was deactivated.

I have heard it just wasn't turned on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by wanttoknow - 02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM