Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-22-2011, 11:37 PM)HeartBreaker Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 11:22 PM)ToledoNative Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 11:18 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 11:14 PM)ToledoNative Wrote: I agree with Lady Cop and whoever else said it on here...

Johnny and Lisa pulled the car into the garage and left the garage door open, since they figured they would be leaving soon.

Johnny and Lisa were on the phone with Tiffany when Johnny said he was walking out the kitchen door that connects to the garage, along come the intruders.

The altercation takes place immediately in the kitchen and they are killed. If this is what happened, then they were killed as soon as the intruders came in, which means this is not a "robbery gone bad".

they still could have been there seeking the "safe". but imagine...Johnny grabs a knife when he sees the danger and life or death struggle ensues.
i still don't believe murder was the intent. but it escalated. so they used what was at hand, household items.

i may well change my thinking when more details emerge from LE. but that was my initial reaction when it was first reported.

Ok, I got you LC, but was there not a news article that said that the Straub family said the tape was not from their home?

Correct me if I am wrong.

And like someone else on here said (sorry, can't remember the name that many posts back) why in the world would you bring tape to a robbery? To tape your bags shut? No.

toledo native: i agreed with you on the "why bring duct tape?" (if it indeed was stated that they thought it was brought to the scene... which i also recall reading although it's hard to remember where it was or who said it). i have said i can maybe see bringing bags to carry things away but the duct tape just doesn't jive in my opinion. the response by many was that it was possibly brought "to secure lisa and johnny" which makes sense. EXCEPT that if it was indeed someone they knew who was there to rob them, i don't see them taping them up while they took what they wanted and then leaving them alive and able to ID them to police etc.
so to me... bringing both the bags and the duct tape to the scene screams intent to kill (seeing that that was how they were killed). UNLESS we find either
1. that the bags and tape were not brought to the scene and rather found there and used in a pinch as things escalated as LC suggests.

2. it wasn't someone who knew them

3. that maybe it was someone who knew them but was going to try to keep it so they couldn't be ID'd (masks or blindfolds etc).

* i guess it's also possible judging from all the "no snitching" threats and nonsense some of these people throw around that they were just planning on threatening them to keep them from telling anyone they'd robbed them.

(sorry if this doesn't make sense).

I feel the same way you do in this, except you would have to be down right STUPID to take and use tape at a crime scene. It will perfectly collect everything the police need to prove you did it.

Now...who is stupid enough to do that? How about Tiffany's dumb ass crew! These are the people who post on public pages on facebook that they are going to "so-and-so's house" to buy drugs, call their little WHITE baby boy "nigga" and post their phone number (Tiffany did) on a public facebook page.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by ToledoNative - 02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM