Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-25-2011, 03:07 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 12:44 PM)My3littlepiggies Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 12:31 PM)LoserCity Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 11:26 AM)My3littlepiggies Wrote: Just a little something. I don't know if it sheds any light on the crime. About ten years ago a group of friends that had just graduated a couple of years before from Bowsher High School (same high school as a lot of these characters) murdered their friend for drugs. Shot him in the back of the head while they were riding in his car and broke all his bones and shoved him in a drain pipe. It took about a year for LE to get the whole case together but they did get a conviction. This was a robbery for drug money. Although, the method of murder is not the same it was still very brutal. I don't remember all the reports but I believe they also poured gasoline or acid on him. However, contrary to what several people want to harp on. Toledo is not a shithole filled in drug dealing criminals. We have problems like any other big city. (we are not a tiny honkey tonk town) But Toledo is not a shithole.

I guess that would depend on your definition of "shithole." If there is a nice part of toledo, I'd love to find it.
Ummm, quite a few. Crossgates area, Heatherdowns area, Beverly area, Harvard Area.

Don't be knockin' my city. I am not a thug but I am a 3rd generation south ender and I take pride in where I am from. Not gang pride but we can't all be suburban snobs. Thats what they call "white flight". People get scared and leave and don't put anything back in.

Well I'm a 3rd generation south ender too & I will knock the city LOL I grew up in the Western/Broadway/South area & hightaled my ass right outta there as soon as I could. Had the opportunity to move back over there a couple of years ago when my dad passed & I was given the option to take over his house. I didn't & within months it was stripped. They even took the bathtub!

You say Heatherdowns is a good area? False! That's where I moved & have lived in this area for 10+ years now. I lived at Hidden Cedars Condos & it got so infested with drugs & gang bangers there that I decided to move. The morning of my move I woke up to a 6'0 tall 300+lb mexican dude standing in my bedroom doorway at 6am. :O

Moved that same day but stayed in the general area. Heatherdowns/Reynolds/Glendale. It's NOT a good area. You must have missed the riot with gun fire that happened at Southwycke Lanes a couple months ago? & that same night the 17 year old kid that was shot in the back just a couple of blocks down from there? & the shots fired at the teen dance club less than a mile from there in Maumee? What about the motel that was torn down on the corner of Heatherdowns/Reynolds a few years ago because it was infested with drug dealers & prostitutes? It's gotten to the point where I can't walk to the store in the daylight in the summer without being solicited for money or being approached by a creepy old man who wants to "give me a ride"

To sum it up... Toledo is a shit hole IMHO Smiley_emoticons_razz

wow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Jane - 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM