Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-25-2011, 02:50 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 01:33 PM)curious Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 01:17 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 01:10 PM)My3littlepiggies Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 01:02 PM)curious Wrote: I can see it now...Toldeo: Living in a Gangtas Paradise

Sorry, couldn't resist Smiley_emoticons_stumm

Ok I want to clear up what everybody sees on the facebook pages. Its called hip hop style. Its a style. Flat billed hat big sweatpants and such. Doesn't mean your a gangster or a criminal. Its a style. Most city kids dress like that. Though some of the people on the pages might very well be criminals I'm sure that all of them aren't. My husband dresses and talks like that. He's not a gangster or a criminal. He's just a guy who grew up in a mixed culture. He's not a poser either. This is urban not suburb crap.

Agreed. For some it is urban style and even some suburbans dress like this and talk like this....and then there is that element of criminal. It's like I said before, in
the 1960's we had hippies, and for some it was a lifestyle and for others it was just a style, and for the ciminals it was an easy way for a wolf to wear sheeps clothing and mingle among the sheep without them even knowing until it was too late, ie Charlie Manson.

Let me be more clear...going by what's been posted in THIS forum, pages 1- 999,000 you couldn't pay me enough money to live there...hence the reference to a new image/marketing campaign.

Look, hopefully we're all adults and we can somehow find a way to incert some comic relief in this horrible tragedy, albeit sinister at that.

Agree that this generation's style and verbal symantics are vastly different from say, the 60's, but trying to compare cultural movements with thugs who bring violence and street crime to communities has hardly any relevence on their attire or use of slang, so to to speak.

"Agree that this generation's style and verbal symantics are vastly different from say, the 60's, but trying to compare cultural movements with thugs who bring violence and street crime to communities has hardly any relevence on their attire or use of slang, so to to speak"
I'm not sure what you mean here, maybe you can clarify it for me??

I think clothing is very relevant and it is shocking to see it
becoming so main stream. At a very popular internet site Baby
Onesies are sold online - onesies that say - Lil Pimp,
Change my Diaper Biaatch, G is for Gangsta, WTF?,
lil Bastard, Sugar Water Purple, Pimpin Since Pimpin Been Pimpin,
I'm Into Uncommon Thugery, Stop Snitchin, Slicing the Pie.......
hundreds of things like this, some I don't even understand.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TotallyCurious - 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM