Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(02-25-2011, 07:17 PM)Methusala Wrote:
(02-25-2011, 06:39 PM)concerned Wrote: For all posting that Toledo is a "shithole" and such. I am curious to know where your city is that has no crime or druguser gang members and so forth. Toledo is a city that was once prosperous and people could make a decent living and raise a family in a nice middle class home but unfortunatly alot of the good factory jobs closed down and the businesses that relied on the factories all the way down the line.... It could happen to any city and is happening to alot of cities all over the US as I type this. I went to Toledo Public Schools and had a good education. A nice house with working parents. I took advantage of the education that was put in front of me.

Me too. I have wonderful loving memories of my Toledo public grade school, the no-nonsense but warm-hearted teachers and principal, my playmates on the street and their hard-working parents, my own hard-working and loving parents, etc.

We walked to grade school and high school. The high school population was 13 Afro-American and 23 Caucasian. We were all close and knew each other.

I grew up in the old west end on a street where the horse-chestnut trees lined the curb and the bus came right down the street every eleven minutes. We didn't know it at the time but it was heaven. It was a couple blocks from Rosary Cathedral. I was not Catholic and the neighborhood was a mix of religions and ethnic backgrounds.

We used to walk home from movies downtown, in the dark, at midnight as teenagers, so that we could instead spend the 17 cents on candy.

Our only fear was that an older kid might jump out from behind a tree some of the time to tease us.

Murders were rare and when they occurred they were front page news in the Blade from the day the body was discovered, through the arrest, the trial, the conviction and the execution.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by concerned - 02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM