Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-02-2011, 12:01 PM)IMaDick Wrote: Just a simple thought concerning welfare checks that are routinely done by LE, a welfare check requires the officer to see,talk, or otherwise confirm the welfare of the person whom the welfare check is being perfromed for.

LE dropped the ball here.

a drive by of the residence is not a welfare check.

a knock on the door with no answer is not a welfare check, it's easy to hear in the 911 calls that the operator did not take the mother seriously.

I would like to hear the responding officers radio traffic for this welfare check?

fifty one fifty

i totally have to disagree with you here on this one. I can only say from my experience in Lucas County...and I've had about 13 years of it... if the five.oh get a call requesting a "welfare check" or a "site and safety check"...in this county, they will not kick in doors, crawl through windows, etc unless they have PROBABLE CAUSE. If they go to a door, knock, see lights on, etc. and nobody answers, but they see nothing that is odd/out of the ordinary/awry then that ends the welfare check. Even if they know somebody is home they can't do anything about it. You dont' have to answer the door to the police if you don't want to and there's nothing they can do. Now...from what I've heard (again, not the LCSO, but TPD) when the police got there nothing looked awry from the outside. They can get 10 Maytee type calls about a situation, but if when the police arrive and they see nothing, there is nothing they can do. And if memory serves me right...at one point the LCSO deputy sat outside of the house for what 20-30 mins and didn't see any activity. and like I said.... there is nothing they can do. There's conflicting reports about who's car was where....and I would think that they would run plates on a car that was sitting in the driveway. and if it was Lisa's car, then it was probably registered to that address or something. so it wouldn't have been odd. From what I've heard there were no "red flags" whent he police got the house.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by fabulous - 03-02-2011, 12:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM