Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-04-2011, 01:32 PM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 01:24 PM)Methusala Wrote: Anyone care to discuss the use by the County Detective of the term "instigated by the actions of the victims"?Lady Cop, am I wrong to think of this as a highly unprofessional remark coming from a police officer?

I agree Methusala, It may just be stated to calm the fears of the public and saying "you're safe". They were into stuff that brought this upon themselves, so everyone else has nothing to worry about.

No you are not wrong and residing states away, I am insulted by even an inference that someone instigated their own death, which is what the officer is saying. This is why, if this police department is responsible to a town council, this officer should be asked to explain what he meant and face being separated from his position with this police department. Why? His comment raises a number of concerns. How can the public rely on this officer (and by extension this department) to go about what is their sworn duty of solving this double homicide in a professional and unbiased manner? I am thinking in order to solve a crime and catch the true perps, officers must have critical thinking skills that are unbounded by their own prejudices and beliefs. Otherwise, innocent individuals are at serious risk of getting ensnared in law enforcement's net while guilty perps are at serious odds of never being caught. It has happened before.

The families of the victims should be insulted by this officer's comment and as taxpayers whose taxes pay the salaries of law enforcement, the families should demand better than this as a service from this county/township.

Reading the instigated remark last night caused my heart to sink because I knew then and there law enforcement in this area (local at least) is in over their heads. They are, unfortunately, like LE officers in other areas who are and remain generally uneducated, unsupportive of families suffering immense grief and too bound by their own twisted opinion of themselves and the jobs they do or do not do--to be able to reach a quick resolution to a terrible crime. After all, a killer or killer(s) still walk free somewhere in this great country and where is the evidence, and who is capable among LE, to say that these perps would NOT kill again given half a chance? Oh and did I fail to mention that local LE there manages to do all this while feeding from the public trough off the misfortune of others through tax receipts that support them? They are well paid and they are well taken care of through insurance and retirement plans not offered to most of those in any other type of job/public service.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM