Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-05-2011, 02:21 AM)pfifltrigg Wrote: disclaimer:

somewhat Offtopic

feel free to disregard...

so this may make me unpopular here and is totally worthless in relation to the discussion of finding justice, but i have been following this since the beginning, and at this point i am very curious to what your answers might be to my question: what are you all going to do when this is "over"? and at what point will it be "over"?

ideally (i would assume), it will be "over" when an arrest is made and you can all go over your past theories and reminisce over who was right and who was close to getting it "right" (i.e. "it was a hit, i was right", or "it was the family, i hit it on the nose", or "it was the thug friends, i told you!", etc. etc.").

but, heaven forbid, as we all know, it may come to where this isn't solved for a very long time, or not at all. so at what point do you call it quits and find another forum to follow? it has been said more than once that we don't know any more at page 700+ than we did at page 5, so...?

also i have watched many of you say that you have become addicted to this thread, and i have seen some "friendships" seem to form as a result of posting on here. so, i am just curious...what happens if they announce a promising arrest soon? and, if not, at what point does this thread melt away?

i half-ass apologize if i seem like a dick with this post as i have had no legitimate posts thus far (as i have no info worth your time to read), but i am just curious. i am very interested in the sociology behind the commeraderie that i have seen so many of you share behind this tragic event.

and p.s.: though i haven't been actively involved, i have been following you all since day one, and i've been hooked as well, so...

While this case was unique and is tragic, it wasn't the first - nor will it be the last - that captures people's attention.

Terrible shit happens every day and I'm sure we'll all find the next "hot" case to discuss -- now that we're all here.

*shrugs*

"The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." - George Bernard Shaw Smiley_emoticons_fies

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by AriGold - 03-05-2011, 02:45 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM