Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-05-2011, 01:57 AM)Methusala Wrote:
(03-04-2011, 11:00 PM)FutileResistance Wrote: [quote='Lady Cop' pid='140526' dateline='1299291782']
i want to know who the people who don't need cops call when they are robbed at gunpoint or beaten or raped.
Very well put. It is too bad that my criticism of a particular law officer's unprofessional remarks, and my concern over a fear that this particular police department may be in over their heads, has instead been turned into a rant against law enforcement. That was not my intention, and not something I would agree with.

I too have friends who are criminal defense attorneys, and I consider the attribution made to them to be pure bullshit. Except for the greenhorn lawyers who are picking up scraps, more experienced criminal defense attorneys have a healthy respect for the experienced cops they encounter and vice versa.

That's the real world, folks.
The rant is undoubtedly due to the fact that the system is insulated from criticism. After all, they have the authority to lock you up on 'suspicion' that you committed a crime. And if the authorities are wrong? Well it isn't like any other profession where they would be sued for malpractice. Can you imagine LE being held to the same standards physicians are? It's laughable. 90% of LE would be out on the streets looking for honest work.

And I did not say the attribution was made to your friends who are criminal defense attorneys; the attribution is made to one of the two whom I know. I can't control what comes out of their mouths, but the individual who said it is a $350 an hour attorney with a thriving practice reputed to be the best in a geographical location and who holds a Juris Doctorate degree. He has seen more than his fair share of innocent lives destroyed because LE was on the wrong track from the beginning...cases brought on no evidence, etc. It does happen and you are an idiot with a fool for a counsel if you do not think it happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-05-2011, 04:53 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM