Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-05-2011, 10:29 AM)JsMom Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 10:24 AM)van64 Wrote:
(03-05-2011, 09:44 AM)ToledoNative Wrote: Their kids would have been beautiful, yes?[/color]

Agreed!
And I don't doubt that Johnny would've turned his life around. You could tell by his pictures and specific stories people have told about him (including people I talk to) that he had a sweet spirit.
He could've gotten out of the drug game or whatever foolishness he was involved in. You just have to want to.
I've seen people who are just like Johnny turn from drug dealers into COPS! I kid you not.

Usually the trick is to go out...of Toledo.

With enough encouragement and resources behind him, he certainly would have been able to turn his life around. I have heard one or two people deride his vocational choice (barber school) but I know a couple of people who are barbers who do quite well at it. It is a legitimate living that they enjoy, have done it forever (and they're in their 70s now) and they have made a solid living at it. I get a sense too that Johnny was an exceptional kid. I know someone who was good friends of his and is pictured in many of the pictures that have been posted here and elsewhere. The mutual friend is in military service here in NC and speaks very highly of his lost friend. He is having a difficult time dealing with the loss, in fact, and I pray for him every day.

I also think Johnny would of done a GREAT JOB at being a barber! I truly believe he tried to better himself! Signs_173
[/quote]But people must have that lift up initially, don't they? Johnny certainly couldn't get it from Maytee but the Straubs with their jobs and role-modelling were great examples to follow and could carry him until he made it through barber school and was set up. Genetics makes up a great deal of what a person is but living conditions and environment play their fair share, too. Johnny finally had an opportunity to turn his ship around but unfortunately it would appear he was too far in to the game...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-05-2011, 10:33 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM