Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-05-2011, 12:25 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote: This is long, sorry...

There are many reasons for giving up your DNA, my sister disappeared in 1983 and it took us over 19yrs, fucking 19yrs before they would even accept her as a missing person, she lived in Chicago...she disappeared in Canada...Chicago sent us to Canada....Canada sent us to Chicago...The FBI sent us back to Chicago...and NONE of these MOTHERFUCKERS would do anything because she wasn't officially a Missing Person, I got the whole catch 22 run around for 19yrs!! I wrote more letters than you can imagine, checked hospitals, institutions, churches in the area she disappeared from, check routes that she may have traveled to get to Canada, most of my family had given up or died, my mother died never knowing what happened to her daughter, only myself and my younger sister wouldn't let it go, my other siblings just let it go...I couldn't, she was my big sister, who we called "Sissie". When I got my first computer in the 90's I found a group on the internet called The Doe Network and this was set up for missing and unidentified woman, they also required a formal missing persons report but the Administrator made an exception because of the years and effort involved on my part in trying to get my sister disappearance classified as a missing person...long story made really, really, terribly short here...in 2002 we got someone in the Canada end of things to finally help, he was an Angel of a cop let me tell you, CAM MOORE of the Moosejaw, SK police, he also was involved in a Cold Case group, Project Resolve, it was his hobby, not official. There were a few unidentified females that could have been my sister, and Cam got the Canooks to pay for the DNA test, so yes I RAN, ME THE ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT HIPPIE FROM THE 60'S, TO GIVE UP MY DNA AS FAST AS I COULD TO THE LOCAL COPS AND SAID SWAB. My sister was found in 2005 she had died in 1987(only 4 short years later)under an alias and was buried under that alias. She was showing signs of mental illness before she left for this Canada trip, but little did we know just how bad things were (she became a full blown paranoid/schizophrenic). I wasn't living in Chicago and hadn't seen her for about 3yrs. so I really had no idea, she was very good at keeping up a I'm okay face. She died of natural causes, a pulmonary embolism. I had even contacted the detectives that were on the Green River Killer case thinking she may been one of his victims and Det. Jensen of that case was just wonderful to me, he checked every known data base he could for me, even though he believed my sister wasn't one of the victims because the GR killer had a type, still he told me how to get things done, how to approach the police, because no cop wants a cold case handed to them. The Canadian officer (a selfless, decent, giving human being) who cracked this case, Corpral Cam Moore, passed away a few years later of cancer, so it was like fate that we some how connected. But I gave my DNA up in a flash!! Sorry for the long story..but you would be surprised how fast you'd give up some DNA!!

Sometimes police will get a DNA hit because of familial DNA, a close family member, also. That may have been what happened in Mich. to the guy in prison??

So sorry to hear your story!! What an awful thing to go through, all the unknowns and unanswered questions for SO long!!! Glad you finally were able to find out what happended and were able to have closure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Inspector Gary - 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM