Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered

You know, I was reading this thread when Johnny's pictures of him in his casket were drawing gasps of horror from some of the readers, but my family has always done that--taken pictures of family members in their caskets. We have pictures going back several generations and I am so glad family members have done that and have carried on the tradition. When my cousin was killed in a tragic auto accident a year and a half ago, his mom asked me to take a few dozen pictures of him in his casket. I did and am glad that we have them. It's sort of like a last rite sort of thing and in its own way, is comforting.

Johnny doesn't look entirely natural in his casket (but who would, especially under these circumstances) but did you notice how thick and rich his eyebrows are? Just beautiful eyebrows and lashes. He was an extraordinarily handsome young man and Lisa was just gorgeous. What a beautiful pair of bookends!

[/quote]

I had never heard of that tradition and I remember reading somewhere on this thread where someone talked about how it is common in latin culture. I'm latin and have never heard of it! But, also, I have been very fortunate in my life and have never attended a single funeral in all my life (I'm 29). I have not had the experience of seeing anyone I love in an open casket.. I fear that day and God willing won't be for a very very long time when someone dies of natural causes at a very old age!!!!

Anyways, that is exactly what I noticed too right away is how thick his hair was..eyebrows and eyelashes. It's so sad to see him there with no life, just the shell of who he was but I could tell he was a very fine handsome man with lashes to envy. Lisa was super cute too with her long hair and freckles. it's so very heartbreaking
[/quote]

Miss, we are not Latin but rather are probably half a step away from Hillbilly in our family roots. Our stock is exclusively English though. I pray it's a long time before you see a loved one in an open casket but I'll share another something with you. Growing up, I remember the old folk talking about how comforting it was to reach out and touch a loved one's hand when they were in their casket. When my Grandmother died in 2000, I was distraught. She had almost raised me and we were very, very close. She was one of the sweetest, most kind-hearted women you'd ever meet. I was alone at the funeral home with her body, consumed by grief, and I all of a sudden had this urge to reach out and hold her hands. Now this is not like me at all, but I just did it. I have no idea why I did it but I did. Probably the conditioning from hearing the old folk talk years earlier helped pave the way but I can tell you, I am sooooo glad I did make that simple gesture. She was stone cold; there wasn't a bit of warmth in those hands that had caressed my forehead growing up and I knew right then and there that what was left behind was NOT her. Her essence was gone on ahead and at that point in time, I could let the body go into the ground and (I know this sounds silly too) but I could let her body go into the ground and not worry about her freezing in the single digit December weather where she was to be buried the next day. I have never shared this with anyone else but I took great comfort in holding her hands and realizing that it was more than okay to let her body slip away from me. So don't fear that day and when the time comes, slip your hand into the hands of your loved one lying in their casket. You'll find immediate relief and you'll never regret doing that.

I wish there was a picture of Lisa in her casket too but I understand why her family would either not take pictures or not allow them to be posted online. Whatever either of them were or were not involved in, deep inside where it counts they were generous human beings who shared the simple things in life to which we all look forward. Human nature is not that far removed. It is a tragedy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-06-2011, 01:02 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM