Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-06-2011, 03:13 PM)Jane Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 01:25 PM)JsMom Wrote: Every funeral I have ever been to in my life was open casket. I think I would of been tramatized if I couldnt of seen them, hold their hand, or even kiss their forehead! and Up north Michigan where I was born they buried them in front of us! I now live in Tennessee and they do not bury them in front of U. Well they lay them in the grown but DONT put dirt on top of them until the family is gone! When I went through that I thought it was wrong and I tripped out! I also asked for them to wait to lay the casket down until I was gone and THEY DID NOT! so yah things are different in different states as well!

Born & raised in TN, & still here. If you've never seen dirt being put on a casket, here, then you never stuck around, because they will do it in front of the family, UNLESS the family specifically requests otherwise..
Same here but the local funeral home (and our county borders TN) will always ask the family if the family wants to bury their loved one. I don't think I ever have--I do not remember it--but for years, our family would hand dig the graves. I distinctly remember that growing up. The family burial plot is several acres large with probably a couple hundred family members interred there, high on a hill surrounded by trees and looking out onto a mountain range. I have often thought it would be the sweetest spot ever for a homesite. Growing up, the only way to access the burial site was to walk it or hook up the horses and take a sled ride to the top. Now you can make it to the top but you must have a 4WD. The access road to the cemetery is probably a quarter of a mile.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM