Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-06-2011, 07:52 PM)NightOwl Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 07:37 PM)curious Wrote: Just another random thought...from watching crime TV shows, which probably the majority of us do, a forensic evidence trail can in some cases lead you to the perps...for instance, if a bag from Bed, Bath and Beyond was used, each bag has a serial number, and cardboard boxes (item seized as evidence) would also have a way to trace it back to its origin. That being said, given that LS dad is a delivery driver for UPS, you would have to assume the materials used to carry out the murders would be easily accessible in the home, making it much more difficult to trace the evidence back to the perps...so ultimately what I'm getting at, is without lack of fingerprints or DNA, could this fall into the cold case files??

Imagine the bags having serial numbers and boxes that's amazing - Oh! No! lets hope and pray it doesn't turn into a cold case. Not a word from Johnny's dad wonder how he's doing and what he's thinking about it all! If we knew the occupation of the monster/s if any that might help - what if it wasn't a drug gang. It was a Sadist that done this deed regardless.

With hundreds of thousands of bags produced monthly for BBY, if not millions, I'd be surprised if the bag itself, sans fingerprints or other DNA, would ever be useful to investigators. The bags would have production lot numbers (at least the bag's boxes would) but those bags could have come from the Straub kitchen just as easily as having been provided by the perps. Johnny's dad not only has his son's loss on his mind but Maytee is almost certainly driving him to the brink of suicide himself--whether he realizes she is or is not. I just don't know why not go ahead and shoot them. I mean then you know they're dead (of course if you hung around and waited for them to asphyxiate you'd know also) but if you had a stolen gun or something that'd be hard to trace back also.

All I know about about the importance of timeliness in murder cases is what I've learned from the First 48 on A&E's network: if the murderer is not arrested in the first 48 hours, the odds of an arrest drop dramatically. Now we have a billboard going up which tells us that LE has no one they are able to make an arrest on, and LE is letting their town council and the public know that if Q Public does not engage in behavior that would instigate their own demise, they have nothing to worry about, anyway. Ok. I get it now.
This case has already gone cold.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM