Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-07-2011, 03:13 AM)AriGold Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 03:04 AM)van64 Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 02:55 AM)AriGold Wrote:

You might also take into account the response time of emergency personal (police, fire, etc) to a fire. Once the fire is lit, it wouldn't take long for someone to notice and call 911. This greatly limits their escape time and risks them getting caught as they might drive right past first responders and be noticed.

Furthermore, they had an advanced security system in the house that would presumably dial 911 if smoke/fire was detected.

As it stands, they may have been gone hours before the bodies were noticed.
I thought the wires to the security system were cut? If you were going to burn the house down, you could always disarm the security system prior to killing Johnny and Lisa...and once the fire is lit yes it does burn quickly and alerts the neighbors immediately, but until the fire is out or under control, firefighters will not know there are bodies inside--and once the bodies are found, firefighters will assume not that they have been killed but that they were overcome with smoke inhalation.

In fact, setting a fire and burning the house down would have provided DAYS and days for the perps to flee. As it was they only had a six hour or so headstart but apparently that's all they needed.

I will say this--in rereading the articles, LE doesn't have a clue. Not a clue.

The wires cut is not confirmed -- even if they were cut it doesn't necessary mean other aspects of the system (fire alarms, sprinklers, etc) would also be disabled.

Granted, LE didn't know about the bodies yet, but that doesn't diminish the fact a fire would attract A LOT of attention -- quickly. The whole neighborhood would be alert and that would increase the likelihood of them being noticed as they fled.

Again, they might have drove right past a responding vehicle and while at that moment no one was aware of a murder, after-wards they might recall a vehicle they passed or something. After all, it was late and not a lot of people would be out. What if a police cruiser's on-board dash cam caught the getaway vehicle...

I just think it would have been too risky and too much could have gone wrong.

[/quote]There has been almost no discussion regarding how the perps purportedly got away has there? Someone initially mentioned a white van but LE has not put out a public plea (presumably since LE there has it under control) for a description of an automobile or anything. TW didn't see anything out of the way when she went out to check on them an hour or two later and I'm thinking it took a few hours to do all this--subdue, debrief, look for a safe, kill...even if you have everything like that lined up and you know pretty much what is going to go down, it's going to take a few hours to execute all that. I think this would have been one of those instances where you look at your watch and you're like wow, time sure does fly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-07-2011, 03:17 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM