Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-07-2011, 11:56 AM)Methusala Wrote: My recollection is that the security system papers were found in plain view by LE.

This could mean that JC and/or LS may have been annoyed by the system and foolishly disarmed it soon after her parents left. I suggest this possibility because some people grow impatient with having to remember to press the proper buttons to stop the alarm from going off when entering and leaving.

Or JC might have disarmed it while LS was at work, if he himself was looking for a safe or valuables in the house.

The paperwork would have of course told how to disarm or modify the settings on the system and, in addition, the parents may have made the common error of writing the security code on or in the manual.

Or, the perpetrators may have had the papers out in order to disarm the system before going upstairs to look for the safe.

A security system can have zones of protection, some turned on and some turned off.

I DO think the wires were cut and the papers were out because JC and LS became aware of its malfunction and were trying to figure out a remedy. If you dont pay a monthly monitoring fee the company will not immediately notify the police that there was a disturbance (wires cut) but the home owner will be made aware of the problem on the "dial pad" by the door. That pad is where you arm and disarm your system and it will display "COMM ERROR" if the system isn't able to reach outside the home.

About the comments that we all "deserve equal protection and efforts to solve crimes should NOT vary"... In a perfect world that would be the case, but the reality is that there are NOT enough resources to permit this.
The resources must be applied in a descending order of priority weighed against workload at hand. I believe this case will be solved but convictions may be tough to get because eveyone "Won't Snitch" and LE has to work some leverage here and progress is slow. I would not want their job and I am glad they are there and do what they do. This is the type of job you can't help but take home with you. It can disturb your sleep and disrupt your marriage and relationships with people you love.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by ZEROSPHERES - 03-07-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM