Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-07-2011, 12:41 PM)Methusala Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 12:04 PM)Freshbait78 Wrote:

… I have not given up on LE. … LE wants to solve this case. If that Sherrif knows enough to say J&L instigated the crime, then I believe that LE knows a lot. I hated his word, but I don't think it was just pulled out of his ass. The same with calling it a hit. ….

I agree with this. I haven't given up on LE either. I think the fact that Lisa was murdered too is what will push them. … with Lisa, that's someone they can identify with … they'll identify with her. … You don't think the detectives are viewing this the same way? I'm sure they are & probably even more so because they see the effects of a criminal lifestyle on a daily basis & I'm sure that it hardens them.…
[/quote]

We all keep referring to "Law Enforcement" and "The Detectives" and that conjures up a certain image, but I keep worrying about just what kind of depth, experience and training exists in the Lucas County Sheriff's Department to handle the investigation of a murder case.

Are we picturing a big staff of trained, experienced civil service detectives, like the the Detective Bureau of the Toledo Police Department has?

Or does the Det. Bureau of the Sheriff's Office consist of only 2-3 people given jobs by the Sheriff as political favors, which is the way I believe the rest of the Sheriff's staff is filled, to-wit his deputies who do traffic patrol and misdemeanors in the unincorporated areas of the county, and run the county jail?

How many people does the Sheriff have in his Detective Bureau? What is their training? What is their experience in handling homicide cases? Just to what extent are they getting assistance if any from the FBI and the Toledo Police Department?

We don't know the answers to these questions, and it troubles me greatly.

How can we find out the answers to these questions? Would the Sheriff answers these questions or would he contend that public responses would compromise the investigation?

Is there anyone on Mock who has friends on TPD or other local agencies who would know the answers to these questions?

[/quote]No Sheriff is going to answer these questions. Of course the jobs are political and there is little formal training involved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by van64 - 03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM