Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-08-2011, 12:43 PM)EastCoastKat Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 11:50 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:
(03-08-2011, 10:30 AM)EastCoastKat Wrote: well she got all of LE's reports and kept seeing this NIH over and over again pertaining to her daughter, and couldn't' figure out what the hell it was, it turned out to mean, Non Human Involved, imagine that!
What you have just related to here is very troubling to me. Could the person relating this to you be exagerating or distorting this information because of the great pain they had from the loss of their loved one?

No, this was on TV show, like Phil Donahue, Geraldo Rivera could have even of been 60minutes or something like that, and I couldn't believe it myself, but apparently it was true they showed the reports, the mother had hired a private detective in California because she wanted some answers about her daughter's murder, and all she was getting was a run around for months, they were involved in drugs, the daughter and her boyfriend (the boyfriend tried to get the daughter involved in prostitution they found out), but still this was her daughter, in fact, I believe if memory serves me, it was her only child. So she went out there in search of some answers and along with the detective she even interviewed some pretty shady characters, but they showed how in all the LE reports her daughter and her boyfriend were referred to as NIH cases. Non Human Involved and apparently this was not uncommon in LE at the time to use that in their reports (not just California either) when the crimes involved prostitutes, drug addicts and whomever they deemed unworthy! I believe it in was the early 80's..I'm sure this is not a practice anymore. But it was awful for that mother to see that!

I went searching for this after you posted, ECK. I came across the following.

http://www.radicalreference.info/node/2879

To me, it sounds as though it was a legitimate acronym "No Human Involved" to classify a crime. Unfortunately, it seems to have devolved to "NHI n. U.S. Police slang no humans involved, an informal classification assigned to a crime giving it low priority because its victim is regarded as having a low social status."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by esbee - 03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM