Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered

I respectfully disagree. My understanding is that he was there representing the Office of the Lucas County Sheriff; he was making what I recall was the Sheriff's monthly report to the Springfield Board; it was a public and official meeting; he knew that minutes were being taken as usual.

If he wanted to go out after the meeting with friends of his on the board and tell them his off-the-record opinion, that would be one thing.

But that's not what he did. He was on the record as the official spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office, and speaking in that capacity, he besmirched the reputations of the two murdered young people and, by saying that the perpetrators are likely long gone and probably would never be found, he in effect was announcing that the Office of the Sheriff had reached a dead end and was giving up in solving a double homicide case less than 60 days old.

Since this meeting and report was the closest the Sheriff's Office has come to a press conference on this case; and since this was a public meeting and under Ohio law the press had a right to be in attendance, I can't believe the Sheriff wouldn't have sat down with the Sgt. prior to this meeting and come to an understanding as to what his representative was going to say about the double homicide case to the Board of the jurisdiction in which it occurred.

This wasn't a retirement party for the Sgt.; it was an official report to a segment of the public; and one which would be and was ultimately broadcast far and wide.

In my humble opinion, it was disgraceful and unprofessional.

[/quote]

howdy meth. you may be giving the dept to much credit. note: he couldn't even quote her criminal record correctly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by notsure - 03-08-2011, 08:52 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM