Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-09-2011, 10:36 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: KFran:
Again... I think it is very likely that the murderers STOLE the duct tape. If they're off to kill or commit a crime why would they be so moral as to actually pay for the duct tape????

because it's beyond stupid to get busted on a shoplifting misdemeanor when you're about to commit some felonies.

duct tape is so common. it could have been brand new or a roll 2 years old.
the forensics will tell us later whether it contained prints and DNA, which is what's important.
there are cases where the origin of the tape matters, in connecting it with a certain person. matching rolls. i.e. the casey anthony case. we'll see at trial. or in search warrant affidavits if/when they come out.

Never said it was stolen the day of the murders, it could have been stolen or purchased at any time. I agree w/another poster that this part of the investigation is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Yes, I absolutely know that the origin of this duct tape matters, but like you said, who knows how long the killers had it. They may have even used it for practice before hand- who the hell knows? I wouldn't put anything past these people. And as far as being "beyond stupid," I don't consider anyone that commits a murder to be bright, but these people obviously did know what they were doing as it appears they did not leave their DNA all over the crime scene.
It's the hint of arsenic that gives it that extra kick.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by kfran - 03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM