Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
There were 26 homicides this year in Toledo, which is down 7 from last year. But fewer cases does not mean more cases closed.

For the families and friends still searching for answers, waiting for investigators to say they've made an arrest in a loved one's murder this new year will not be a new beginning.

According to Toledo police detectives, 11 of the 26 homicides remain unsolved, including the first murder of the year.

Eric Baldwin was murdered New Year's Day. Firefighters found the 51-year-old's body in the front seat of a burning SUV in the 1100 block of Pelee. Later that month, frustrated without any answers, Baldwin's family told 13abc someone went to Baldwin's house asking for a jump for a car. They say he went out to help and never returned home.

Rodney Baldwin, the victim's brother, said, "Eric didn't deserve this. It's hard for us to live and go on with our life with the murderer being still on the run." That was one year ago. Today, there still aren't any leads.

Racole Hill, who went by the name Cocoa, was a well-known barber at the Kings and Queens barbershop on Dorr and Hawley. She cut David Cox's hair for 15 years. Cox says, "There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her."

Hill was shot and killed September 7 in the 1100 block of Fernwood. Police say she was an innocent victim in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hill was standing outside of her car talking to a friend after attending a birthday party when someone started firing from between two homes. Cox says she was a mother and grandmother, loved by many community members.

He says, "If someone would just come forward. It's been since September 7 and nothing has been said or done. I know someone knows something out there. So I'm just wishing that someone steps forward and gives the family closure. I don't understand how they can live with themselves. They took a very important person away."

Anyone with information about any of the eleven unsolved homicides this year is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 419-255-1111.

Whats with all the 1100 blocks. Wasnt Lisas house on the 1100 block as well? HUMMM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by JsMom - 03-12-2011, 10:16 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM