Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
Methusula said "pspence, I understand that you are not a personal friend of TW and that you contacted her solely to find out what she knew in connection with the murders, and to invite her onto Mock to answer questions.

But I am wondering if you could help us understand more about the world in which TW lives and the way in which its participants seem to communicate in a sort of brutal, violent and a criminal vernacular, by telling us a little more about the experience of being in contact with her. For example:

a) When you first contacted TW, did she write back to you in the vernacular which she and her friends appear to employ on FaceBook and MySpace, or in the ordinary English that most of the rest of us use to communicate with each other? Yes, T communicated with me just like we communicate - regular speech.

b) Have you had personal or professional experience before this contact in dealing with people who speak in this peculiar way; if so, can you tell us about it, and offer your impressions as to what motivates them to speak this way to each other - is it lack of education, YES ignorance, a desire to fit in, YES just like when we were younger and wanted to fit inor what?

I have been a Social Worker with mothers/families on welfare and for people living with HIV disease plus HIV outreach testing (in jails on occasions, alternative clubs, etc) plus other sexually transmitted disease testing outreach ... I have worked with people with substance abuse problems as well as many hardworking wonderful people in diverse populations for over 22 years.

c) When you corresponded with her, did you ask her whether she had any idea who may have committed these murdersif so, did she respond affirmatively or negatively?

she said she had absolutely no idea whatsoever

d) Are there any additional questions you asked her, which we on Mock neglected to ask her?; if so, what were her answers to your questions?

just things like how are you? How are you dealing with all of this, etc. She said "it was very hurtful being accused of something she had nothing to do with and "dealing with all of the lies".

e) You have read her motto on her FaceBook page, when it was available, which said approximately: "I'm a down ass bitch and I rides wit my niggas and my bitches." and perhaps also read my attempt at an interpretation as follows: "I am loyal to my friends and will not reveal to law enforcement any knowledge I may have of criminal activity by them." Do you agree with my attempt at a translation or do you have a different interpretation of that motto?

I have been on all of the facebook pages and read them...I think your translation was very accurate. But that doesn't mean all participate in criminal behavior. My personal opinion is that it is a lot of "style" or "the culture" involved. When I was a teenager, we used to say cool, hip, made out, hunk, etc. I think it is like in some cultures they have ebonics... They're all young people just trying to find their way in this stressful environment. I would not be surprised if a lot of these communities were in public housing... lower socio-economic and all of the psycho-social problems associated with that. Some of you older folks might be shocked at some of those pictures of the kids on facebook but my children are college graduates and would have been comfortable and right in there with them...I just came back from Kansas and took a picture of my 28 year old daughter and she made the gang sign with her hand...she is a therapist ...drugs are unfortunatley part of our young peoples cultures and most "grow out of it"...thank GOD!

f) In your mind, how does that motto square with your confidence that she is telling the truth, and the whole truth, surrounding the murders?

I am an optimist who prides myself at being non-judgemental and giving all the benefit of the doubt. With that being said, I found her to be endearing, polite and respectful and bewildered. I'm not naive enough however not to believe I could have been snowed. After reading Maytee's posts and feeling her pain, I feel terribly guilty about mentioning about her husb getting busted (rumor) and she could have turned states evidence to give her husb a lower sentence ...( I'm sure I would have done the same thing)...anyway...I initially thought it could have been in retaliation because of that...after talking with a family friend from Hispanic background very streetsmart, he said no one "messes with family"...I think now 99% that it was a robbery that got out of hand like Maytee believes.

Thanks very much for your further contribution towards our group efforts at thinking this through.

You are nice. Maytee said on her facebook page today that she "realized there was a snake slitthering around on there " (I had been on there asking her some questions) and I think (know) she was referring to me...I feel like I've been 2 faced and hurt her without meaning too. (I know she read my explanation earlier post today and put who I was together. I hope she reads this as I'm being totally transparent. This case has captured all of our hearts - two beautiful kids that looked like a lot of fun who would have most likely turned out to be law abiding citizens and raised beautiful families.

I would never intentionally hurt anyone and I wished if I could do it all over I would have been strictly "an observer" and just read all of your posts...besides I'm a Christian and that voodoo/hex stuff freaks me out and I hope no one put a "hex" on me or my family...[/color
]

God is covering us and protecting us so I have to believe that...I also believe HE will bring to light who did this sick-o horrible thing to those precious young people. I also don't want to give the impression this is all just a "trying to be cool" generational thing...much more serious than that...the rap sheets on some of the kids was more than alarming...but I do think for the most part, they will grow out of it and turn out okay and be like the rest of us...want to stay out of trouble, work hard, never hurt anyone and take care of our families.

I think Johnny and Lisa were "on their way" to being and doing just that when a psychopath who they thought were their friends decided to rob them...they got caught, johnny tried to protect Lisa and it went south fast all in chaotic panic. I heard a mom say about a murdered daughter recently that "she had 23 wonderful years and one horrible day...I can live with that"....I just pray for peace and resolve...
Spay and neuter your dogs and cats. Ban gas chambers in your local shelters. User made the call. User made a difference! Love3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by pspence - 03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM