Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-14-2011, 08:17 PM)pspence Wrote: edited for space. LC

I think Johnny and Lisa were "on their way" to being and doing just that when a psychopath who they thought were their friends decided to rob them...they got caught, johnny tried to protect Lisa and it went south fast all in chaotic panic. I heard a mom say about a murdered daughter recently that "she had 23 wonderful years and one horrible day...I can live with that"....I just pray for peace and resolve...[/color]

pspence, thank you for your thoughtful analysis, your detailed replies, and for sharing with us your life's experiences which you have applied to the subject. It becomes obvious from your explanations that you are a thoughtful and compassionate person, and one with a lot of knowledge and experience in dealing with the community from which the potential killers - whom someone else here has aptly labeled Johnny and Lisa's "frenemies" may have come.

I can only hope that the detectives working on this case have comparable knowledge and experience in interviewing the members of Johnny and Lisa's community, if that is where the killers came from, or if not on the chance that they may have knowledge which may lead to those outside the community.

On the other hand:

in referring to the proposed translation of TW's motto as

"I am loyal to my friends and will not reveal to law enforcement any knowledge I may have of criminal activity by them." you said:

"I think your translation was very accurate."

and in response to the follow-up question as to:

"…how does that motto square with your confidence that she is telling the truth, and the whole truth, surrounding the murders?"

You replied:

"I am an optimist who prides myself at being non-judgemental and giving all the benefit of the doubt."

I doubt whether any crime, not even the first recorded one, was ever solved by applying that formula, no matter how well it may have served you in your profession.

And the LORD said to Cain, Where is Abel your brother?

And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

Genesis 4:9

I think your children's verbal and physical behavior is distinguishable from what we see and read in these pages. The pages repeatedly contain references to perpetrating physical violence and threatening the commission of sundry crimes, things I am confident that your kids did not speak of or nor do.

We are not talking about drug use here, except to the extent that it, or the potential proceeds from its sale, may have been part of the motivator for the crime.

As you say above, many of these kids have rap sheets. They are already undeniably criminals and/or people who prefer the company of criminals

IMHO, they are the logical group from which the murderers came, or through whom the murderers can be found, if and when the truth is told.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by Methusala - 03-14-2011, 10:22 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM