Thread Rating:
  • 46 Vote(s) - 4.46 Average
Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered
(03-20-2011, 09:13 PM)esbee Wrote: I just wanted to pop in before work and share something.

I was watching an episode of Dateline. On the second half of the show was the story titled "Complicated." I can go back and watch again if anyone is interested in the details (it is, unfortunately, not available to watch online), just let me know. But what made me think of all of you was the detective involved in the case.

In short, it was the story of a young woman who was involved with several young men and had a baby. She was in the midst of establishing paternity when she and her young son were found strangled. The young woman's mother had had a troubled past with alcohol and also admitted that her daughter had made some poor choices. In describing their relationship, the mother stated "She may not have been perfect, but she was perfect for me."

The investigation was long and deliberate and very quiet. What I had hoped while I watched it was that those here who are frustrated with the lack of information from LE could have been watching it, too. The lead detective was professional and dignified and soft-spoken. He was completely focused on the victims and finding justice for these two lives. And while he felt a great deal of empathy for those affected by their deaths, he wasn't going to let anything jeopardize the investigation. The mother thought that her daughter's death was of little importance to LE and did a number of things to bring attention to the case, not knowing how focused LE was and how painstakingly they were investigating.

You would have liked the detective. I believe LE is working just as hard and carefully to solve this case. I believe they will solve this case.

I totally agree Esbee. Quite time for LE means they are busy working. I never thought the case was cold at all. They was a solid case. They have the crime scene burned into their minds for life. Im sure the live eat and sleep it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by MichelleMarie - 02-05-2011, 01:52 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by TigersBaseball - 02-17-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by concerned - 03-20-2011, 09:19 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by blackmagic419 - 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Revisiting - by koko - 08-25-2019, 03:09 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub- young Ohio couple murdered - by hauntedlurker - 05-30-2021, 12:38 AM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-10-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: Johnny S. Clarke & Lisa Straub case part 2 - by loveology11 - 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM